- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Google Analytics Essential Training
- Buy Autodesk Alias Surface 2012 (32-bit) (en)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2015 (64-bit) (en,cs,de,es,fr,hu,it,ko,pl,pt,ru,zh)
- Buy Cheap MacPhun Intensify
- Download Adobe Director 11.5 MAC
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard MAC (en,ja,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,fi)
- Download Lynda.com - Finale 2012 Essential Training
- Discount - Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2013 (64 bit) (en)
- 29.95$ 4Media DVD Ripper Platinum 5 cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - Python 3 Essential Training
- 39.95$ Adobe Photoshop LightRoom 3 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 (32-bit)
- Download ModelRight Professional 3.0
- Buy Parallels Desktop 9 MAC (en)
|National Archives Presenting at the Davenport Public Library|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Steve Hart|
|Tuesday, 25 October 2011 11:36|
On Saturday, October 22, 2011, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., the National Archives staff will be at the Davenport Main Street Library to do presentations on the soon to be released 1940 population schedules, land records, and naturalization records. The National Archives and Records Administration preserves the permanent records of the Federal Government, including original historical documents, photographs, maps, and much more, from nearly 100 federal agencies.
Attend a magnificent presentation of information and learning by the director of Archival Operations for the National Archives at Kansas City, Lori-Cox Paul from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and then stay until we close at 5:30 pm to research your genealogy records! Reservations are not required.
According to the National Archive website, many people know the National Archives keeps the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. They also hold, for the public, military records, naturalization records, government agency records, and even the cancelled check from the purchase of Alaska. For more than seventy years, the National Archives has preserved and provided access to these records.
But don’t think of this building as being in Washington D.C., although there is a facility there also, as there are over 50 facilities managed by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA.) All of the presidential libraries, including our own Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum in West Branch, are managed by the NARA.
Tags See All Tags