- Download Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10
- Discount - openPim
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - HTML5: Video and Audio in Depth cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011
- Discount - Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
- 339.95$ Autodesk Inventor 2015 (64-bit) cheap oem
- 19.95$ Agile Bits 1Password 3 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap How to do everything. Adobe InDesign CS4
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Download Adobe Photoshop Elements 10
- Buy Cheap proDAD Mercalli 3 SAL (64-bit)
- 9.95$ Wireless All In One For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy OEM Thegrideon Access Password Professional 2.0
|Navy's So-called Green Fleet a "Floating Government Boondoggle"|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Ryan Houck|
|Tuesday, 03 July 2012 09:47|
July 3, 2012, Washington, DC—Although traditional fuel costs $3.60 per gallon, the U.S. Navy has opted to power its so-called "Green Fleet" with a biofuel blend that costs $26 per gallon. Apparently oblivious to staggering budget deficits, the Pentagon has funded the "Green Fleet"—which recently began its 6-week-long exercise in the Pacific—through its green fuels initiative.
"With our nation's defense budget set to lose hundreds of billions of dollars over the next ten years, this floating government boondoggle is a truly astonishing waste of taxpayer money," said Ryan Houck, executive director of Free Market America. "It is seven times more expensive to fuel the so-called 'green fleet' than to fuel a traditional fleet, begging the question: What vital national defense programs are now on the chopping block thanks to the green agenda? Members of congress and the Administration should note that when Americans express outrage over wasteful government spending, this is exactly the type of nonsense they are talking about."
The AP posted its story on the "Green Fleet" late yesterday afternoon. It can read here.
Free Market America is a free market watchdog group that focuses on environmental issues. In partnership with Americans for Limited Government, the group was launched earlier this year and is responsible for the viral video "If I wanted America to fail"—a runaway hit that scored over 2.4 million views on YouTube.
Tags See All Tags