- Buy Cheap Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Lion Edition
- Download Eyeon Fusion 6 (64 bit)
- Download Red Giant Trapcode Suite 12 (64-bit)
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Web Server 2008 R2 (64 bit)
- 49.95$ Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe eLearning Suite 2 MAC
- Buy OEM Omni Group OmniFocus 2 Pro MAC
- Download JoeSoft Hear MAC
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Autocad Electrical 2014 (en)
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning FileMaker Pro 12
- 19.95$ Sony ACID Music Studio 9 cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium (en,de,es,fr,nl,pt,it,sv)
- Buy Autodesk Alias Automotive 2014 MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Navicat Premium 9
|NCAA Women's Basketball Economic Impact|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Tiffany Tauscheck|
|Tuesday, 27 March 2012 13:28|
Greater Des Moines Wins Big with
NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Regional Championship
DES MOINES, IA – The NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Regional Championship has wrapped up in Des Moines, leaving behind an economic impact of $2 million on Greater Des Moines.
“The community-wide support made this event a big win for our region,” said Greg Edwards, President and CEO of the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau. “We put out the call to residents, corporations and visitors to support this sport in our community and the response has been overwhelming.”
Hotel staff wore “Welcome to Des Moines” t-shirts and “Welcome NCAA” buttons. Businesses around the metro hung signs in their storefronts and lobbies welcoming NCAA student-athletes, coaches and fans.
“We’ve heard great feedback from visitors and locals. Hosting NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Regional Championship in Greater Des Moines was a slam dunk,” said Edwards.
The Des Moines Regional Championship led the other regions in ticket sales on Saturday, with a total of 7,941 tickets sold. Last night, 9,068 tickets were sold. Final ticket numbers from other regions will be available later this week.
The Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to promote Greater Des Moines as a fun, vibrant and affordable destination statewide, nationally and internationally. Our focus increases visitors to our community through meetings, conventions, sports events, leisure travel, and group tours, thereby contributing to the local economy.
Tags See All Tags