- 29.95$ Omni Group OmniGraffle 5 Standard MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Russian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Discount - Kolor Autopano Giga 3
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 MAC (64-bit)
- Buy Adobe Director 11.5 (en,fr,de,ja)
- 59.95$ Adobe Premiere Elements 12 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe After Effects CS5.5
- Discount - Delicious Library 2 MAC
- Download Palm Pre: The Missing Manual
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Latin America) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
- Discount - Lynda.com - Web Redesign: Strategies for Success
- Download Lynda.com - Digital Photography Principles: The Camera
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning 3DS Max 2012
|Negotiation and Peacebuilding Series Coming to Moline Public Library|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Jennifer Christiansen|
|Thursday, 09 May 2013 14:51|
The Moline Public Library and the Jewish Federation of the Quad Cities welcome historian Dr. Arthur Pitz as he leads the series Building Peace in the Middle East, beginning in June. The program will be held four consecutive Tuesdays, June 11, June 18, June 25th and July 2nd, beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the Moline Library, 3210 41st Street.
Participants will learn the art of conflict resolution and international relations through the methods of the Harvard Negotiation Project. These principles will be applied to current issues facing the Middle East through active group discussion and consensus building.
This grant-funded program is provided by the generosity of the United States Institute of Peace, the independent, nonpartisan conflict management center created by Congress to prevent and mitigate international conflict without resorting to violence. USIP works to save lives, increase the government’s ability to deal with conflicts before they escalate, reduce government costs, and enhance national security. USIP is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices in Baghdad, Iraq, and Kabul, Afghanistan.
As part of its congressional mandate, USIP devotes a portion of its budget to support organizations that will advance the field of conflict management by developing new techniques, establishing best practices, and professionalizing the field through education and training. The Public Education for Peacebuilding Support is a program of USIP administered by the Institute of International Education.
Space is limited for this event, so registration is required. Participants may sign up by visiting the Moline Public Library or calling 309-524-2470.
Illinois teachers may choose to attend this series for 8 CPDUs, with a $25 fee through the Rock Island County Regional Office of Education or one hour of graduate credit from Aurora University for a $100 fee. Contact RIROE at 309-736-1111 for more information.###
Tags See All Tags