- Buy Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Datacenter (ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,en,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,uk,tr)
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition
- Buy Cheap Graphisoft ArchiCAD 12
- 19.95$ Acala DVD Audio Ripper cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Dreamweaver CS5
- Buy Cheap Adobe Audition CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy 1Click DVD To iPod 2 (en)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Vista Business with SP2 (64bit)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD P&ID 2014 (32-bit)
- 9.95$ Video with Adobe Flash CS4 Professional Studio Techniques cheap oem
- 19.95$ iSkysoft iMedia Converter 2 Mac cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Download Lynda.com - Narrative Portraiture: On Location in Texas
|New Food and Fun at the 2012 Iowa State Fair|
|News Releases - Travel & Tourism|
|Written by Lori Chappell|
|Wednesday, 11 July 2012 12:05|
DES MOINES, IA (07/10/2012)(readMedia)-- The Iowa State Fair will offer a plethora of new attractions to try, taste and watch this year. New Fair foods, attractions and contests are available in addition to the many traditional Fair favorites. "Nothing Compares" to this array of new excitement that awaits Fairgoers August 9-19.
Experience the Fair's new zipline, located west of the Jacobson Exhibition Center. Leap from the 28-foot tower and fly 130 feet across the grounds. Buy your tickets now and save $4. A two ticket zip pack is $10 through August 8. Details at iowastatefair.org.
Get your adrenaline pumping with the BMX Pros Trick Team, also located west of the Jacobson Exhibition Center. This BMX show features the world's most extreme bicycle stunt riders in a spectacular, non-stop, action-packed event. Visit the Bengal Tiger Encounter in Kids' Zone for an inspirational program featuring the Bengal Tiger. On display all day with three shows every day of the Fair, these tigers are helping to educate the public on the loss of habitat and the killing of tigers for profit in India and Africa.
The eco-friendly transformation of Expo Hill will be complete for the 2012 Iowa State Fair. The latest additions include a uniquely-designed covered structure which provides a new location for free entertainment and solar panels worked into the design of the structure which will provide a portion of the venue's power needs. Expo Hill will feature the Red Trouser Show each day at noon, 2 and 5 p.m. This duo amazes audiences with their flawless combination of acrobatics, juggling and comedy.
Sheep Stop joins our other agricultural education stops Pig Place, Horse Haven and Cattle Corner; each located in its respective barn. In this newest exhibit, learn how many sheep there are in Iowa and how much wool they produce.
Learn about Iowa's agricultural commodities with the AgVenture Discovery Trail. Explore ten stops by starting at the USDA booth in the Agriculture Building or the Canstruction exhibit in the Varied Industries Building. Learn about plants and what makes them grow with Seed Survivor. This interactive display is located in the John Deere Agriculture Building. The Paul R. Knapp Animal Learning Center will also be expanding its programming for the 2012 Fair by adding an aquaculture exhibit.
The Elwell Family Food Center will house a life-size moose made of Dutch chocolate. This delectable creature, crafted by the master chocolatiers at Chocolaterie Stam, will stand more than 9 feet tall. The building is also home to the largest foods department in the nation with 893 contests, 43 of which are new this year. New contests include A Taste of Ireland, Seattle's Best Coffee "Search For Deliciousness," Best Pizza in Iowa, Gramp's Bacon and more.
New mouthwatering foods to join the list of Fair favorites include:
• Gourmet s'mores, available at Beaverdale Confections in the Shoppers' Mart;
• Peach, apple or cherry crisps, available at Iowa Orchard located inside the southwest entrance of the Agriculture Building;
• Caribbean-style crab fritters, available at Ollie's Crab Fritters west of the Jacobson Exhibition Center;
• German chocolate funnel cakes, available at The Best Around on the Triangle;
• Carrot cake funnel cakes and blue sapphire funnel cakes from Westmoreland Concessions, located south of the Riley Stage;
• Chocolate chip cannolis and chocolate chip cookie dough pops, both dipped in chocolate and on a stick, will be featured at Oasis Concessions on the southwest corner of the Pioneer Livestock Pavilion;
• Deep fried pickle "dawgs," available at the Dawg House on the Triangle.
Also, look for our new Fair Square flavor made with marshmallows, crisped rice cereal, pretzels, potato chips, Oreos, toffee and M&Ms®. Find the Fair Square stand on the northwest corner of the Administration Building.
"Nothing Compares" to the 2012 Iowa State Fair, August 9-19. A complete listing and details of all daily programs is available online, for more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visit iowastatefair.org.
* * *
Tags See All Tags