- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007 SP2
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 (64-bit)
- 29.95$ VMware Fusion 5 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Solidworks 2013 Premium (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Artlantis Studio 5 MAC
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
- 19.95$ Acala DVD iPod Ripper cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Mindjet MindManager 9 MAC
- Buy OEM Solidworks 2009 Premium SP4 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended MAC
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2010 (32 bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe After Effects CS5 MAC
|New Publication Helps Farmers Save Energy in the Shop|
|News Releases - Agribusiness|
|Written by Joy Venhorst|
|Thursday, 18 August 2011 11:52|
AMES, Iowa – Constructing or upgrading a farm shop requires decisions about insulation and heating systems. A new publication from Iowa State University Extension and Outreach addresses energy efficiency for shop heating.
“Conserve Heat Energy in the Farm Shop” (PM 2089P) is available to download from the Extension Online Store, www.extension.iastate.edu/store.
“Seasonal and day-to-day use of the farm shop determines much of your energy consumption, but design features such as insulation and supplementary heating can be selected to conserve energy,” said Greg Brenneman, ISU Extension agricultural engineer.
This publication explains recommended R-Values for shop insulation, as well as the placement of foundation insulation, windows and overhead doors when constructing a shop facility. It also addresses some of the features of different shop heating systems, including forced-air, infrared and in-floor heating.
For more tips on energy efficiency around the farmstead, visit http://farmenergy.exnet.iastate.edu or follow @ISU_Farm_Energy on Twitter.The Farm Energy publications are part of a series of farm energy conservation and efficiency educational materials being developed through the ISU Farm Energy Initiative. The purpose is to increase farmers’ awareness of opportunities for improving efficient use of farm energy. The initiative also will help farmers and utility providers to explore opportunities to reduce farm energy demand and to improve overall profitability in a rapidly changing energy environment.
Tags See All Tags