- Buy OEM Word 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Autodesk Alias Design 2012 (64-bit) (en)
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended (en,it,es,de)
- Download Roxio Creator 2011 Pro
- Buy iPhone App Development: The Missing Manual (en)
- Discount - Corel VideoStudio Pro X3
- 49.95$ Microsoft Money 2007 Home & Business cheap oem
- Buy OEM Panic Unison 2 MAC
- Discount - Slysoft AnyDVD 6
- Download Macromates TextMate MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Fireworks CS4 MAC
|New rescue equipment will help save lives in Eldridge|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Paul Spooner|
|Monday, 02 April 2012 07:29|
Local farmer directs $2,500 to fire department
ELDRIDGE, Iowa (Mar. 20, 2012) – Seventy percent of firefighters in the United States are volunteer and one of the few opportunities for these departments to update their rescue and training equipment is through community donations. Thanks to one local farmer and America’s Farmers Grow CommunitiesSM, the Eldridge Fire Department can continue to keep its community and surrounding area safe.
Grow Communities, sponsored by the Monsanto Fund, gives farmers the opportunity to win $2,500 for their favorite local nonprofit organizations. Richard and Mary Hemphill were the winning farmers in Scott County. They recognized the need for new rescue equipment and directed the donation to the Eldridge Fire Department. The donation will be used to purchase additional rescue tools and training materials.”
“The Eldridge firefighters have been to my farm a couple times to put out grain dryer fires,” Richard Hemphill said. “It’s a volunteer fire department, and this is a good way to say thank you.”
In a ceremony held on Tuesday, Mar. 20, Richard and Mary got the chance to present the Eldridge Fire Department with the $2,500 donation.
Through America’s Farmers Grow Communities:
· Farmers in 1,245 eligible counties have the chance to win $2,500 for their favorite community nonprofit organizations.
· The Monsanto Fund has invested more than $3.1 million to rural communities this year alone.
· More than $247,500 in total will be donated to nonprofits in Iowa
· A list of all winners and more information can be found at www.growcommunities.com
“Our fire department has had an increase in rescue calls, so we will purchase essential rescue tools with the donation,” said Tyler Schmidt, Eldridge fire chief. “Funds will also be used to purchase training materials to supplement our continual training program.”
Grow Communities is part of a broad commitment by the Monsanto Fund to invest in farm communities such as Scott County. It aims to highlight the important contributions farmers such as Richard and Mary Hemphill make every day to our society.
About the Monsanto Fund
The Monsanto Fund, the philanthropic arm of the Monsanto Company, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening the farm communities where farmers and Monsanto Company employees live and work. Visit the Monsanto Fund at www.monsantofund.org.
# # #
Tags See All Tags