- 9.95$ Outlook 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Joomla! 2.5 Essential Training
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Discount - Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9
- 99.95$ Microsoft Office 2007 Professional cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium
- Discount - GRAHL PDF Annotator 3
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Softimage 2014
- 219.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Architecture 2009 cheap oem
- Download ABBYY FineReader 10 Professional Edition
- Buy Cheap FotoSlate 4 Photo Print Studio
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6
|New, true story tells of love, loss and the meaning of life|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Marketing Services|
|Tuesday, 05 November 2013 10:54|
A cross country bicycle trip mired, bolstered by life reflections
INVER GROVE HEIGHTS, Minn. – The autobiography of Thomas A. Reis, “Headwinds: The Dead Reckoning of the Heart” (published by AuthorHouse) is a story of perseverance and overcoming, a journey into meaning and hope.
In 1981, at 22 years old, Reis embarked on a solo, 58-day bicycle trip from Florence, Ore. to Chesapeake Bay, Va covering almost 4,000 miles. The journey within proved much greater than his trip on the bike – it became a journey of the heart and soul. Events along the way triggered flashbacks from earlier times in Reis’ life, starting with his birth, when the doctor encouraged his parents to pull the plug, to overcoming his disabilities, to surviving the heart-wrenching loss of his twin boys in a unique way.
Other events occur on the trip that are flash forwards into Tom's current life as a professor and therapist as he leads students into discovering the meaning of life, love and relationships.
“People want to know about how to make relationships work, understand love better as so many are so confused by love and want to know the meaning of life,” Reis writes. “This book has all of that as well and more.”
The story encompasses his experiences as Reis pedals through unexpected snow storms, climbs over 11,000 foot passes, and crosses the Continental Divide. Along the way he has a near death experience as he struggles to complete his trip, hampered and emboldened by his life reflections.
This is a story of redemption and transformation. In it are lessons of inspiration, sorrow, courage, tragedy, hope and joy. It's a book that has it all: Adventure, Pain, Meaning and Love. “You can’t help but become a better person by the time you get to the end of the book,” Reis reflects.
“Headwinds: The Dead Reckoning of the Heart”
By Thomas A. Reis
Hardcover | 6 x 9 in | 212 pages | ISBN 9781491819531
Softcover | 6 x 9 in | 212 pages | ISBN 9781491819524
E-Book | 212 pages | ISBN 9781491819548
Available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble
About the Author
Thomas Reis was born in Chicago, Ill. He has graduate degrees in social work and marriage and family therapy. He also worked as a licensed therapist for 12 years. He currently resides in Inver Grove Heights, Minn. He has taught over 5,000 students as a professor in the past 22 years. In 1981, Reis rode his bicycle across the United States, almost 4,000 miles.
Tags See All Tags