- Buy Microsoft Visual Studio Test Professional 2012 (32-bit) (en)
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6 MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2015 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - CSS Formatting Visual Data
- Buy OEM Ashampoo WinOptimizer 4
- Download Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 MAC
- 199.95$ Pitney Bowes MapInfo Professional 11.5 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap IMSI TurboCAD Mac Designer v5
- Discount - Lynda.com - Narrative Portraiture: On Location in Texas
- Download Sony Sound Forge 10
- Discount - Roxio Creator 2010 Pro
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2014 (64-bit)
- Discount - Avanquest MyLogoMaker Professional 2
|New Urbanism expert Jeff Speck to speak in Davenport on Aug 14th:|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Figge Art Museum|
|Thursday, 07 August 2008 14:47|
The public is invited to attend a free presentation, given by New Urbanism expert, Jeff Speck. This presentation will take place at Figge Art Museum auditorium at 225 West 2nd Street on Thursday, August 14, 2008. Doors open at 5:00 p.m., were attendees will enjoy hors d'oeuvres. A cash bar will be available. The presentation starts at 6 p.m., with a reception following at 7:30 p.m. The presentation is hosted by Downtown Partnership and the City of Davenport. Mr. Speck is helping launch a new downtown planning process and providing the foundation for an updated Downtown Master Plan.
Last year, Mr. Speck presented in Davenport to an overflow crowd of 150, comprised of interested citizens, business owners and city government. During that talk he covered New Urbanism in general terms. This year’s presentation will focus on specific recommendations for continued downtown Davenport revitalization.
Mr. Speck is very familiar with Davenport and visits the area often, as his wife is from the Quad Cities. He is also the co-author of Suburban Nation: The Rise of Sprawl and the Decline of the American Dream (along with Andres Duany and Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk).
About Jeff Speck
Prior to joining the Endowment, Mr. Speck spent ten years as Director of Town Planning at Duany Plater-Zyberk and Co., Architects and Town Planners. DPZ is a leader in the international movement called the New Urbanism, which promotes alternatives to suburban sprawl and urban disinvestment.
Mr. Speck received a Masters in Architecture with Distinction from the Harvard Graduate School of Design. He also received a Masters in Art History from Syracuse University Fellow in Florence, Italy.
Congress for New Urbanism: http://www.cnu.org/
New Urbanism: http://www.newurbannews.com/
Community and Economic Development Department: Design Center (City of Davenport):
Millennial generation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Y
About the Auditorium at Figge Art Museum.
Tags See All Tags