- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Access 2013 Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Datacenter R2 SP2 (64 bit)
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS5 Classroom in a Book
- Buy Cheap Adobe InDesign CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Adobe Fireworks CS5 (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,cs,pl,ru,tr,ja)
- Buy Alfred 2 MAC (en)
- Buy Lynda.com - CSS: Styling Navigation (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: Camera Raw 6
- Discount - Autodesk Smoke 2013 MAC
- Download Adobe Illustrator CS4 MAC
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Up and Running with Java Applications
- Download PCTools Spyware Doctor® 2010 for Windows®
- Buy Cheap Aiseesoft iPad Video Converter 3 MAC
|New womenâ€™s shoe boutique finds perfect fit in downtown Davenport|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Kyle Carter|
|Tuesday, 25 October 2011 12:36|
DAVENPORT, IA – A chic, new downtown shoe boutique, The Ruby Slipper, will soon have Quad-Cities women believing “there’s no place like home.”
For Ruby Slipper owner Christine Reyhons, opening the boutique combines two of her passions: women’s footwear with downtown Davenport’s vintage architecture. Her new venture brings together upscale footwear, clothing and accessories that are unique to the region.
“The concept is luxury casual,” says Reyhons of her boutique located at 312 Main Street. “It’s casual wear for weekends and evenings, not something you’d wear to a business.”
Reyhons believes the store fits a niche in the region that isn’t being addressed. “I felt Quad-Cities women’s needs weren’t being met, and there aren’t a lot of choices,” she said. “Enough of traveling to Chicago to shop...I wanted to keep it downtown.”
Whenever possible, Reyhons selects American-made products for The Ruby Slipper. “I particularly tried to go with Midwestern artists with our jewelry.” Some of the brands of footwear the store will carry include Frye, Aquatalia and Miz Mooz. Designer denim clothing lines includes DL 1961 and Joe’s. Most of the shop’s items range in price from $100 to $500.
Reyhons intimately understands the women’s footwear business from years working as a shoe buyer for Von Maur department stores and in sales for the Frye Company, a footwear manufacturer. She travelled coast to coast, selling footwear to some of the country’s largest and most exclusive department stores.
The boutique’s four-person staff plans to offer personalized shoe parties and a customer rewards program.
“I have a passion for downtown Davenport and its architecture,” says Reyhons. She notes the resurgent interest in the downtown’s renovated loft condominiums, apartments and Hotel Blackhawk is generating a new energy downtown. She predicts that other businesses will follow suit as they see the possibilities of downtown.
The Ruby Slipper opens Thursday, October 20, with a grand opening event on Saturday, October 22 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Store hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Thursday and Friday: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Tags See All Tags