- 179.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard Student And Teacher Edition cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended MAC (en,ja,co,nl,fr,de,it,es,fi,da,no,sv)
- Discount - Omni Group OmniGraffle 5 Professional MAC
- Discount - Windows 7 All-in-One For Dummies
- Download Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011
- 29.95$ Nik Software Viveza 2 cheap oem
- Buy Kigo DVD Converter 3 MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Hebrew (Level 1, 2 Set) MAC
- Discount - Adobe Flash Builder CC Premium MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2009
- Buy Cheap Intuit TurboTax Premier 2009
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2014 (32-bit) (en,cs,de,es,fr,it,ko,pl,ru,zh)
- 9.95$ Ashampoo Magical Defrag 2 cheap oem
|New works at the Figge Art Museum|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Stephen Mohr|
|Monday, 20 December 2010 13:20|
the Figge is “Flooded” with New Art
The past several weeks have brought numerous changes to the Figge Art Museum that includes new works hanging in the permanent and special exhibition galleries. New photographic images from the Figge’s Brent Sikkema Collection are up in the permanent galleries that address the human form, including portraits of famous artists (Dali, O’Keeffe, and Miro) shot by Horst P Horst, Eliot Porter and Irving Penn. Also new to the permanent galleries are prints by the English Romantic John Martin (The Deluge) and Mexican-Costa Rican artist Francisco Zunig (Yucateca con Fruta). Furthermore, the John Deere Collection has several new additions of works by Streeter Blair, Fritz Scholder and illustrator Walter Haskell Hinton.
The Figge partnership with the University of Iowa Museum of Art continues, as well, with a new, ongoing exhibition of African Art from the university’s world-class collection. Selections from the Stanley Collection features numerous wooden, three-dimensional objects from cultural groups throughout West and Central Africa, such as masks from the Bwa peoples of Burkina Faso and statuettes by the Dogon from Mali.
The Figge will be closed for the holidays on Friday, December 24th and Saturday, December 25th. The museum will re-open on Sunday, December 26th - noon to 5pm. For more information call the Figge at 563.326.7804 or visit figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags