- Download Parallels Desktop 5 MAC
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Training cheap oem
- Discount - Roxio Easy Media Creator Suite 10
- 9.95$ Excel 2013 All-in-One For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy Excel 2007 Dashboards and Reports For Dummies (en)
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Silver Efex Pro 2
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2012 (64-bit) (en,fr,it,es)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Muse Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 (32-bit)
- Discount - Nuance PDF Converter Professional 5
- Buy Palm Pre: The Missing Manual (en)
|News from Rivermont Collegiate|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Brittany Marietta|
|Tuesday, 08 November 2011 13:06|
Dear Rivermont Community:
Professional development is an important facet of Rivermont's commitment to lifelong learning. Our students, however, are not the only learners. Our faculty, administrators and trustees also take on this commitment. The Independent Schools Association of the Central States, ISACS provides valuable professional development opportunities to Rivermont in addition to accreditation services. Each year ISACS sponsors a conference for teachers and administrators where ideas, best practices, opportunities and challenges are shared. This is especially beneficial since the participating schools are like Rivermont -- independent, private schools. This year's conference theme is Innovation: Thinking Outside the Box and features a keynote from Guy Kawasaki, formerly from Apple, co-founder of Alltop.com and founding partner of Garage Technology Ventures and author of nine books, his newest being Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions, was released in March 2011. Also presenting is Jane McGonigal, PhD, a world-renowned designer of alternate reality games - or, games that are designed to improve real lives and solve real problems. Gaming might seem contradictory to the intellectual pursuits of a college prep environment but Dr. McGonagal reminded us that the opposite of play is not work, it is depression. She then proceeded to share some attitude altering insights.
This year, Becca Ashby, Colleen McCarty, Carrie Skillin and Kathy Topalian have joined me in attending this 2-day conference in Detroit. In addition to the two keynote speakers mentioned several other featured speakers and leaders in independent school education are presenting sessions relevant to all aspects of school. We have already learned much and we still have another full day to go. We all look forward to returning to Rivermont with some fresh ideas and perspectives.
Last week I shared a list of activities on campus and incorrectly listed the matinee of the Upper School play. That performance will be Saturday, tomorrow, at 1:30 PM with an evening performance at 7:00 PM.
Here is the list once again with the correction.
No spectators here, only participants!
Tags See All Tags