- Buy FileMaker Pro 11: The Missing Manual (en)
- Buy Dreamweaver CS5 All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- 9.95$ Building Web Sites All-in-One For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
- Buy Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 (en,de,es,fr,it,ja)
- 49.95$ Roxio Creator 2010 Pro cheap oem
- Buy Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Server (en,ja,fr,de,es,it,pt,ne,sv,nb,da,fi,pl,ko,zh,cs,hu,tr)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroom
- Download Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Microsoft Excel 2013 cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (en,de,fr,ja)
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection MAC (en,ja,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- Discount - Atomix VirtualDJ Pro 6 MAC
- Download Digital Photography Composition For Dummies
|Nine states join Iowa in Midwest STEM Forum|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Office of the Governor of Iowa|
|Wednesday, 12 June 2013 13:47|
(Des Moines) – Thirty-four business, workforce, education and STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) leaders from nine Midwest states joined representatives from the Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council in Des Moines yesterday to exchange best practices and collaborative opportunities regarding state and regional STEM education.
“It was inspiring to see a group of engaged and active representatives from all across the Midwest who are excited about STEM education,” said Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds, Co-Chair of the Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council. “We must raise the skill level in today’s workforce in order to remain competitive in this knowledge-based, global economy. All of the Midwestern states are in this together - and together we can make greater progress in STEM sooner for the benefit of the thousands of Midwestern students.”
In addition to intensive brainstorming, forum guests ACT, Inc., STEMconnector and the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy briefed the group on STEM learner workforce data and trends.
“The collective wisdom in the room has accelerated each of our state’s STEM programs," said Jeff Weld, executive director of the Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council. “From here we have committed to sustaining our collective community and continuing to grow and strengthen our common interest in first-rate STEM education from toddler to tassel.”
Representatives from Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin joined business leaders from DuPont-Pioneer, IBM, John Deere, Rockwell Collins , Vermeer and Boston Scientific to discuss funding models, STEM schools and career academies, and other ways STEM education can be moved to the forefront of community discussions. Establishing regional networks and engaging rural communities were also topics of discussion.
To learn about STEM in Iowa, go to www.IowaSTEM.gov.
About the Governor’s STEM Advisory Council: Formed in 2011, the Council is a 40-member, public-private partnership dedicated to building a strong STEM education foundation for all Iowans.###
Tags See All Tags