- Buy Adobe CC Master Collection (Full LifeTime License) (en)
- Buy Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011 (en)
- Buy Cheap Creating a Website: The Missing Manual
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003
- Buy Cheap Synthetic Aperture Color Finesse 3
- Buy Cheap ElcomSoft Advanced PDF Password Recovery Pro
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Spain) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop CS5.5 Extended MAC
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 One On One: Fundamentals
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop CS4 Studio Techniques
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - MySQL Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy Cheap ABest WMV Video Converter
- Buy Figure Drawing For Dummies (en)
- Download Microsoft Expression Studio 4 Web Professional (32-bit)
|No More Silence: Local Moms to Honor Newtown Anniversary This Saturday|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Keri Katz|
|Friday, 13 December 2013 08:53|
EVENT: Saturday, DECEMBER 14, 2013, at 11:00 am
On Saturday, December 14, Moms will gather at over 50 events in more than 35 states to honor the victims of the tragedy in Newtown and the thousands of Americans lost to gun violence every year. All events will include a communal bell-ringing to remember the victims and to show our resolve to never again be silent about gun violence. These events are co-sponsored by Mayors Against Illegal Guns.
In Des Moines, we’ll hear from Rev. David P. Sickelka, Rev. Cheryl Thomas, Calvetta Berry of Mother’s Against Violence, Rick Miller of OFA and Mayor Frank Cownie about the need to reduce gun violence. Our local sponsors, with whom we share a common goal of gun violence prevention, include The Interfaith Alliance of Iowa, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Organizing for Action, American Friends Service Committee, Mother's Against Violence, The Ecumenical Peace Committee, The Methodist Federation for Social Action and Iowans for Gun Safety. We’ll ring bells loudly, honoring the first anniversary of the Sandy Hook tragedy with a promise to continue making noise on gun reform until change comes.
More information is available here: http://momsdemandaction.org/
• Rev. Cheryl Thomas, Chapter Leader, Moms Demand Action for gun Sense in America
• Calvetta Berry, President, Mother’s Against Violence
• Mayor Frank Cownie, Mayor of Des Moines, Mayors Against Illegal Guns
• Rick Miller, Gun Issue Lead, OFA – Organizing for Action
• Rev. David P. Sickelka, Board member, Interfaith Alliance of Iowa
WHERE: Ding Darling Indoor Shelter at Birdland Park/Union Park, 2100 Saylor Rd in Des Moines, Iowa
WHEN: Saturday, December 14, 2013, 11:00 am
About Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America or on Twitter @MomsDemand.
About Mayors Against Illegal GunsSince its creation in April 2006, Mayors Against Illegal Guns has grown from 15 members to more than 1,000 mayors from across the country. We have more than 1.5 million grassroots supporters, making us the largest gun violence prevention advocacy organization in the country. The bipartisan coalition, co-chaired by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, has united the nation’s mayors around these common goals: protecting communities by holding gun offenders accountable; demanding access to crime gun trace data that is critical to law enforcement efforts to combat gun trafficking; and working with legislators to fix weaknesses and loopholes in the law that make it far too easy for criminals and other dangerous people to get guns. Learn more at www.
Tags See All Tags