- Download Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (32-bit)
- Download Autodesk Maya 2014 MAC
- 199.95$ Adobe Acrobat XI Pro cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 MAC
- Download Nik Software Silver Efex Pro 2 MAC (64-bit)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2009 (64-bit) (en)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 (32-bit)
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6
- Buy OEM Adobe Fireworks CS4
- Download DAZ Bryce 5.5
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with SP2 (64 bit)
- Download Lynda.com - Ruby on Rails Beyond the Basics
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS6 New Features
|North America’s Lost Boys – What to Do?|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Wednesday, 06 June 2012 13:44|
As Adolescent Male Achievement Declines,
Author Says, ‘Get Outside!’
There is bad news for boys in North America:they are being blown out of the water by girls in academic achievement, and psychologists say young men are becoming more socially awkward, making relationships with young women difficult.
Sidney Gale, a medical doctor and author of Unto the Breach (www.sidneygale.com), an outdoor adventures book for boys, is concerned about the following statistics:
In addition, young men in college are increasingly socially inexperienced, which means they’re less likely go to on dates or otherwise step out of their comfort zone,says Stanford University psychology professor Philip Zimbardo. In general, maleswere never as sophisticated as females in verbal and bodily communication, but it’s gotten worse.
Excessive hours of solitary video-game play and internet use likely account for atrophied social skills, Zimbardo says.
“We need to get boys out of their solitary bedrooms and into the sun,” Gale says. “It’s also a good idea to get them reading something other than tweets, texts and the like. They have intellect, and we should encourage them to use it.”
Gale offers ideas to help boys even the achievement and social gap:
Like anything worthwhile, a boy’s development takes time and effort, he notes.
“The old idea of a boy was one who longed for adventure, like Tom Sawyer or the Hardy Boys,” he says. “As with any of today’s issues concerning children, parents need to be vigilant so they can lead their sons to a successful and socially active life.”
About Sidney Gale
Sidney Gale is the penname for Ian Blumer, a physician who has published a number of non-fiction books. He has been a specialty doctor in the Toronto area since 1985. “Unto the Breach” is his first work of fiction.
Tags See All Tags