- Discount - Photoshop CS3 for Screen Printers
- Discount - Sony DVD Architect Pro 5
- 19.95$ Aimersoft Total Media Converter 2 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Contribute CS5 MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2011
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Autocad Electrical 2014 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap proDAD Mercalli 3 SAL (32-bit)
- Buy Lynda.com - Trapcode Particular Essential Training (en)
- Buy Cheap Smith Micro Poser 8 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 MAC (64-bit)
- Buy Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 (en,de,es,fr,it,ja,ko)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - CSS Site Design cheap oem
- 199.95$ Autodesk NavisWorks Review 2009 cheap oem
|North America’s Lost Boys – What to Do?|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Tuesday, 08 May 2012 13:37|
As Adolescent Male Achievement Declines,
Author Says, ‘Get Outside!’
There is bad news for boys in North America:they are being blown out of the water by girls in academic achievement, and psychologists say young men are becoming more socially awkward, making relationships with young women difficult.
Sidney Gale, a medical doctor and author of Unto the Breach (www.sidneygale.com), an outdoor adventures book for boys, is concerned about the following statistics:
In addition, young men in college are increasingly socially inexperienced, which means they’re less likely go to on dates or otherwise step out of their comfort zone,says Stanford University psychology professor Philip Zimbardo. In general, maleswere never as sophisticated as females in verbal and bodily communication, but it’s gotten worse.
Excessive hours of solitary video-game play and internet use likely account for atrophied social skills, Zimbardo says.
“We need to get boys out of their solitary bedrooms and into the sun,” Gale says. “It’s also a good idea to get them reading something other than tweets, texts and the like. They have intellect, and we should encourage them to use it.”
Gale offers ideas to help boys even the achievement and social gap:
Like anything worthwhile, a boy’s development takes time and effort, he notes.
“The old idea of a boy was one who longed for adventure, like Tom Sawyer or the Hardy Boys,” he says. “As with any of today’s issues concerning children, parents need to be vigilant so they can lead their sons to a successful and socially active life.”
About Sidney Gale
Sidney Gale is the penname for Ian Blumer, a physician who has published a number of non-fiction books. He has been a specialty doctor in the Toronto area since 1985. “Unto the Breach” is his first work of fiction.
Tags See All Tags