- Buy Adobe InCopy CS6 MAC (en,ja)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Combustion 4
- Discount - Maxon Cinema 4D R11 Studio Bundle
- Download Autodesk Alias Automotive 2011
- Download Nik Software HDR Efex Pro MAC
- 19.95$ Slysoft CloneDVD 2 cheap oem
- 69.95$ Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Acrobat X Pro
- 9.95$ MacItBetter BetterZip 2 MAC cheap oem
- 9.95$ Outlook 2010 All-in-One For Dummies cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Buy Autodesk Maya 2012 MAC (en,ja)
- Discount - Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2012
|Northeast Iowa Food & Fitness seeks volunteers for healthy schools|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Emily Neal|
|Thursday, 12 July 2012 14:39|
AmeriCorps service program benefits include living stipend and education benefit of $5,500
DECORAH, Iowa -- The Northeast Iowa Food & Fitness Initiative has openings for four School Outreach Wellness program volunteers starting Sept. 1.
An AmeriCorps Volunteer position, these School Outreach Wellness members of the Northeast Iowa Food & Fitness Initiative team will receive a living allowance stipend and an additional $5,500 educational award at the end of their service.
Successful candidates will demonstrate ability to work with others, good communication skills, and experience working with young people. Post-secondary degree preferred.
Review of applications begins July 20, 2012.
The four successful candidates will join a team of enthusiastic folks working in more than 20 schools throughout northeast Iowa to promote local food and physical activity. They will receive training to serve as a resource for school wellness committees in three regional school districts.
School Outreach Wellness members strengthen relationships with schools and communities regarding wellness for area youth.
Volunteers will sometimes serve as teachers or presenters and at other times train others to be teachers and leaders. They will help organize school-community events that showcase Farm-to-School and Safe Routes to School programs, develop community partnerships and build healthy families.
Projects can include starting or maintaining school gardens in many communities and instructing students, teachers and staff about the benefits of growing and consuming healthful food. Volunteers work from an office in Luther College Environmental Studies department with desk, computer and phone to facilitate connections with other organizations and people doing similar service.
Tags See All Tags