- 9.95$ Lynda.com - iOS 4 App Development New Features cheap oem
- Discount - Excel 2013 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Smith Micro Anime Studio Pro 7 MAC
- Download Lynda.com - Creating Dynamic Menus
- Buy ABest Video to Zune 3GP Flash Converter (en)
- Discount - Artlantis Studio 5 (64 bit)
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Color Efex Pro 4 Complete Edition
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Avid Pro Tools 10
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2012
- Download Lynda.com - Transforming a Photo into a Painting with Photoshop CS6
- Buy iStat Menus 4 MAC (en)
|Northwest Illinois Volunteerism Conference October 18 in Moline|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Dave Layton|
|Friday, 11 October 2013 08:09|
Fourth Annual Conference Theme is “Developing Dreams”
MOLINE—The fourth annual Northwest Illinois Volunteerism Conference will be held Friday, Oct. 18 at the Western Illinois University Riverfront campus. This year’s theme is “Developing Dreams,” and the major focus of the conference will be engaging youth in service and combining faith-based, nonprofit, education and governmental organizations to address priority community needs.
KeeKee Pregracke will be the keynote speaker. She will talk about how her son Chad’s childhood dream of cleaning the Mississippi River inspired him to develop Living Lands & Waters. Headquartered in East Moline, Living Lands & Waters has grown to be the only “industrial strength” river cleanup organization like it in the world. Chad will also deliver an inspiring video greeting to the group.
Another feature of the 2013 conference will be a Developing Dreams Panel Discussion led by Reverend Fred Nettles, chair of Governor Past Quinn’s Serve Illinois Commission. Community leaders, including Moline Mayor Scott Raes, educators and other representatives will discuss how community groups can partner together to develop the dreams of urban and rural residents.
A variety of breakout sessions will be offered including working with youth, diversity, disabilities inclusion and understanding personality types.
Registration is $35 or $20 for students, AmeriCorps members, and seniors. This year’s conference is co-sponsored by the Illinois Department of Human Services, the Serve Illinois Commission, and the Mississippi Valley Directors of Volunteers in Agencies.
Tags See All Tags