- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2011
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection
- Discount - Smith Micro Spring Cleaning 11 Deluxe MAC
- Discount - Autodesk Mudbox 2012 MAC
- 19.95$ GFI EndPointSecurity 4.0 cheap oem
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn English (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Download Infinite Skills - Photoshop For Architects MAC
- Buy OEM Red Giant Effects Suite 11 (32-bit)
- Download Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2014
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning Python Programming MAC (en)
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Arabic (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Cheap Apple Final Cut Express 4 MAC
|NPS to Assist Iowa Communities with River and Trail Projects|
|News Releases - Environment & Weather|
|Written by Kathy Kupper|
|Friday, 13 January 2012 09:34|
WASHINGTON—The National Park Service will help local communities implement more than 200 natural resource and recreational projects under the agency’s Rivers, Trails and Conservation Assistance Program (RTCA), Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar announced today.
Communities from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico are working in partnership with the National Park Service.
This year, in Iowa, RTCA is working with:
· Wapello County on the American Gothic Regional Trail
· City of Des Moines on the Central Iowa Greenways Initiative
· City of Cherokee, Iowa on the Cherokee Trails and Riverfront Development
· Fayette County Trails on the Fayette County Trails
· Decatur County Conservation on the Grand River Water Trail
· Louisa County Conservation Board on the Louisa County Trail
· Jones County Conservation and the City of Monticello on the Maquoketa River Restoration Mon Maq Dam Alteration
· Carroll County Conservation on the Middle Raccoon River Water Trail
· Mississippi River Trail, Inc. on the Mississippi River Connections Collaborative: Mississippi River Trail
· Pottawattamie County Conservation on the Pottawattamie County Trail
· Nishna Valley Trails Association on the T-Bone Trail
· Whiterock Conservancy Iowa Department of Natural Resources on the Whiterock Conservancy Soft Trail Project
To read more about these projects, visit:
To see how RTCA is assisting communities nationwide, visit: http://www.nps.gov/ncrc/
“One of the major goals of President Obama’s America’s Great Outdoors initiative is to reconnect Americans to nature by expanding recreational opportunities,” Salazar said. “Through the RTCA program, the National Park Service will provide expertise and assistance to local communities that are building trails and undertaking other conservation and recreation projects.”
Under the RTCA program, the National Park Service helps communities and neighborhoods to preserve valuable open spaces, revitalize nearby rivers, and develop trail and greenway networks. This year’s projects were selected from the most competitive field of requests ever received by the agency.
Projects are locally conceived and initiated, with RTCA staff supporting community based recreation and conservation leaders. Each year, RTCA project partnerships contribute to the construction of 1,700 miles of trail, conservation of nearly 1,000 miles of river, and protection of more than 50,000 acres of open space.
More than 20 of the projects included in the RTCA project announcement today also were highlighted in the America’s Great Outdoors 50-State report released by Secretary Salazar in November. The report listed more than 100 high-priority projects representing what states believe are among the best investments in the nation to support a healthy, active population, conserve wildlife and working lands, and create travel, tourism and outdoor-recreation jobs across the country. Interior is working closely with states and local communities to advance these priority projects as quickly as possible.
For more information on the National Park Service’s Rivers, Trails, and Conservation Assistance program, please visit http://www.nps.gov/rtca.
Tags See All Tags