- Download Microsoft Office SharePoint Workspace 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Ashampoo Photo Commander 6 (en)
- Discount - proDAD Heroglyph 4 Pro (64-bit)
- Download ABest MOV Video Converter
- Download Xilisoft 1click DV to DVD
- Download Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2012
- Download Corel WordPerfect Office X6 Standard Edition
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Datacenter
- 9.95$ Alfred 2 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium (32-bit) (en,de,es,fr,it,ja)
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn English (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Arabic (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
|October 15th Deadline to Submit Military Academy Nomination Applications|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Amanda Bowman|
|Tuesday, 18 September 2012 13:49|
Washington, DC – Rep. Bruce Braley (IA-01) today announced that he is accepting applications from high school students for nominations to the United States armed services academies from Iowa’s 1st District for the class entering in fall 2013.
“I am looking for highly motivated and qualified students to nominate to our country’s service academies,” said Braley. “The academies provide a world-class education that helps grow our nation’s next generation of leaders. I encourage Iowa’s best and brightest young people to apply.”
Interested students should contact Braley’s district office in Waterloo to request an application packet to be considered for a service academy nomination. The application packet includes specific instructions on the accompanying forms and required documents, including an application form, an essay, high school transcript, ACT/SAT scores, and letters of recommendation. These materials take time to compile, so interested students are strongly encouraged to start obtaining the materials needed for the packet as soon as possible.
The deadline for submitting a completed nomination packet to Braley’s office is Monday, October 15th.
Braley nominates up to 10 candidates from Iowa’s First Congressional District for each available vacancy at the four service academies: the US Military Academy, the Naval Academy, the Air Force Academy, and the Merchant Marine Academy. Applicants are judged on the basis of character, scholarship, physical aptitude, medical fitness, and motivation.
For further information as well as an application packet, contact the Waterloo office at (319) 287-3233.
More information can also be found at http://braley.house.gov.
# # #
Tags See All Tags