- 9.95$ Microsoft Office 2007 For Seniors For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium (32-bit) (en,de,es,fr,it,ja)
- 69.95$ Alien Skin Exposure 6 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Acala DVD Copy
- Buy OEM Adobe Director 11.5
- 19.95$ BurnAware Professional cheap oem
- 69.95$ Adobe Flash CS3 Professional cheap oem
- Buy Cheap ElcomSoft Advanced PDF Password Recovery Pro
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011
- Buy Cheap Symantec PCAnywhere 12.5
- Buy OEM Adobe Acrobat X Pro Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Ruby Essential Training
- Download Lynda.com - Ruby on Rails Beyond the Basics
|On Eve of Independence Day, Braley Urges Passage of All-American Flag Act|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Kirsten Hartman|
|Thursday, 03 July 2014 15:39|
After legislation passes Senate hurdle, Congressman continues push to ensure all federal flags are made in USA
Washington, D.C. – On the eve of the Independence Day holiday, Rep. Bruce Braley (IA-01) today urged his colleagues to pass the All-American Flag Act, which would require the federal government to purchase 100 percent made-in-America flags .
“The idea that the federal government should only use American-made flags is commonsense—and it’s an idea that has widespread and bipartisan support,” Braley said. “The All-American Flag Act can and should become law, and there’s no better time to make that happen than the month we’re celebrating America’s independence.”
Last week, the All-American Flag Act unanimously passed the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.
Four years ago, the Braley-authored All-American Flag Act passed the House unanimously—but did not receive a Senate vote. Braley reintroduced the All-American Flag Act in 2013, and it awaits action in the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee—a committee headed by Darrell Issa (R-CA) and Elijah Cummings (D-MD).
“The American flag will forever be a symbol that reinforces our nation’s commitment to freedom and democracy,” Braley’s letter to Issa and Cummings reads.
The letter to Issa and Cummings can be found HERE.# # #
Tags See All Tags