- Discount - Access 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Dutch (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Smoke 2011 MAC
- Discount - Red Giant Color Suite 11
- Download Paragon CampTune 8 MAC
- Download Corel Painter X3
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Up and Running with Java Applications cheap oem
- 99.95$ Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Foundation cheap oem
- Discount - Mindjet MindManager 8 MAC
- Buy Cheap Eset Smart Security 5 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap MacPhun Intensify
- Download Cheetah 3D 5 MAC
|Organist Delbert Disselhorst Featured in Concert Sunday, May 4, at 4:00pm|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by Trinity Lutheran Church|
|Friday, 11 April 2014 15:27|
Dr. Delbert Disselhorst, Professor Emeritus of Organ at the University of Iowa, will be featured in concert on Sunday, May 4, at 4:00pm, at Trinity Lutheran Church, 1330 13th Street, Moline, Illinois. The program includes works by Sigfrid Karg-Elert, Helmut Walcha, Felix Mendelssohn, and J.S. Bach.
This concert is the opening program in a trio of organ recitals in 2014 celebrating the 40th anniversary of the dedication of Trinity’s pipe organ. Handcrafted by the Canadian firm of Casavant Frères, the organ was dedicated March 17, 1974. Designed using principles of organ construction dating back four centuries, Trinity’s Casavant organ resembles organs of Baroque Europe at the time of great organists such as Buxtehude, Sweelinck, and J.S. Bach. The organ has 32 stops, comprised of 2050 pipes, spread over 3 keyboard divisions and pedal. The Casavant opus 3200 organ at Trinity Lutheran Church was the first of its kind in Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois and remains a premiere instrument for the presentation of music by J.S. Bach and his contemporaries.
Delbert Disselhorst holds both bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the University of Illinois, and the Doctor of Musical Arts degree from the University of Michigan. He was a recipient of a Fulbright grant in organ, studying with Helmut Walcha at the Staatliche Hochschule für Musik in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. As a concert artist, Disselhorst has performed nationally throughout the United States, and internationally in Canada, Europe, and Korea.
This 4:00pm concert is free, and Trinity Lutheran Church invites the public to attend.
Trinity Lutheran Church is located at 1330 13th Street, Moline, Illinois. For additional information contact the church at (309) 762-3624, or visit www.tlcmoline.org
Tags See All Tags