- Buy OEM Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Premium
- 19.95$ Avanquest PowerDesk Pro 7 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate
- Discount - Solidworks 2013 Premium (32-bit)
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Upgrade (64-bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- Buy Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 Student And Teacher Edition (cs,pl,tr,de,es,it,pt,fr,nl,sv,en)
- Discount - Lynda.com - V-Ray 2 0 for 3DS Max Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Adobe SoundBooth CS5 MAC
- Buy QuarkXpress 7.3 MAC (en)
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Combustion 2008 MAC
|Organist Karen Black in Recital Sunday, August 24 At Trinity Lutheran Church, Moline|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by Trinity Lutheran Church|
|Thursday, 14 August 2014 15:29|
Trinity Lutheran Church continues to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the church's Casavant pipe organ with a recital on Sunday, August 24, at 3:00pm. The featured soloist is Dr. Karen Black, Professor of Organ and Church Music at Wartburg College in Waverly, Iowa.
The first portion of Dr. Black's program features works of the Baroque era (the years 1600- 1750). The second latter half of the program is dedicated to organ works of the 20th and 21st Centuries, including works by Reger, Alain, and Locklair. Concluding the program is Pamela Decker's Fantasy on "A Mighty Fortress is Our God", a piece which received its world premier by Dr. Black in 2002.
Handcrafted by the Canadian firm of Casavant Frères, Trinity’s organ was dedicated March 17, 1974. It was the first of its kind in Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois and remains a premiere instrument for the presentation of music by J.S. Bach and his contemporaries.
Dr. Karen E. Black received her Bachelor of Music degree in church music from St. Olaf College. Her graduate study took place at Indiana University, where she received both a Master of Music degree in organ and church music, and the Doctor of Music degree in organ performance and literature from Indiana University. Her teachers have included Larry Smith, Marilyn Keiser, John Ferguson, Robert Kendall, Dennis Schmidt, and Gene Janssen.
She is an active recitalist and clinician, performing regularly throughout the United States. In Germany, she has presented recitals at the Castle Church in Wittenburg and at St. George’s Church in Eisenach. Both churches played a role in the life of Martin Luther; in addition, the Georgenkirche in Eisenach is the baptismal parish of Johann Sebastian Bach. Dr. Black has been heard on Minnesota Public Radio’s nationally broadcast Pipedreams program.
The 3:00pm concert is free. The public is cordially invited to attend. A reception honoring the artist follows the program. Trinity Lutheran Church is at the corner of 14th Street and 14th Avenue in Moline. Visit www.tlcmoline.org
Tags See All Tags