- Buy OEM Adobe Premiere Elements 12
- Download Aiseesoft Video Converter 3 MAC
- Buy I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Corporate (en)
- Buy Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 Premium (en,cs,da,de,es,fi,fr,mr,it,ja,no,pl,pt,ro,ru,sv)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - MySQL Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Foundation
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS6 Essential Training
- Buy Roxio Creator 2010 Pro (en)
- Buy Lynda.com - Ruby Essential Training (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium MAC
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Inventor 2013
- Discount - DAZ Carrara 8 Pro
|PACG PEACE FORUM HOLD FINAL VIGIL AFTER EIGHT YEARS!|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Caryn Unsicker|
|Wednesday, 25 September 2013 08:45|
The Progressive Action for the Common Good Peace Forum is holding its final Peace Vigil on Saturday, September 28th from 11 am to noon on the Slumberland corner of John Deere Road and 16th Street by Southpark Mall. The group has been gathering there pretty much every Saturday for the past eight years in heat and cold, rain and shine, exept for the past two winters when they wore matching "End the War" t- shirts and walked the mall.
Caryn Unsicker started the vigil to oppose the illegal, immoral, Iraq War, and the bungling of, and extension of, the Afghanistan War. Her son served two tours of duty in each of those wars. Many others joined her in the vigil, initially, but as the wars wound down, the numbers dwindled as well. However, from the very first time eight years ago until now, a small but dedicated group has continued the vigil, while others have joined the group occasionally. Even now, there are many people who honk in response to the "Honk for Peace" signs. People are tired of the human and monetary costs of war.
The group decided to rally some of the prior supporters and have one final Peace Vigil before suspending them. Caryn states they are only suspended, not stopped, because the group reserves the right to start again at any time if circumstances change. An example would be if negotiations fail and our government decides to attack Syria or any other country where the U.S. does not belong.
Tags See All Tags