- Buy OEM VMware Fusion 6 MAC
- Buy Adobe Flash Professional CC (Full LifeTime License) (en,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,nb,pt,ro,sv,tr,hr,pl,fi,cs,ru,uk,ja,ko,zh)
- 9.95$ Adobe InDesign CS5 Classroom in a Book cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003 (en,fr,de)
- Buy OEM Pixelmator MAC
- 279.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD P&ID 2011 cheap oem
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effects (en)
- Discount - Cyberlink Power2Go 6
- Discount - Lynda.com - CSS3 First Look
- Discount - Photoshop CC For Dummies
- Buy Nikon Capture NX 2.4.5 MAC (en)
- Download Microsoft Office Home & Business 2013
- Buy Intuit TurboTax 2009 Home & Business (en)
- Discount - Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10
|PACG PEACE FORUM HOLD FINAL VIGIL AFTER EIGHT YEARS!|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Caryn Unsicker|
|Wednesday, 25 September 2013 08:45|
The Progressive Action for the Common Good Peace Forum is holding its final Peace Vigil on Saturday, September 28th from 11 am to noon on the Slumberland corner of John Deere Road and 16th Street by Southpark Mall. The group has been gathering there pretty much every Saturday for the past eight years in heat and cold, rain and shine, exept for the past two winters when they wore matching "End the War" t- shirts and walked the mall.
Caryn Unsicker started the vigil to oppose the illegal, immoral, Iraq War, and the bungling of, and extension of, the Afghanistan War. Her son served two tours of duty in each of those wars. Many others joined her in the vigil, initially, but as the wars wound down, the numbers dwindled as well. However, from the very first time eight years ago until now, a small but dedicated group has continued the vigil, while others have joined the group occasionally. Even now, there are many people who honk in response to the "Honk for Peace" signs. People are tired of the human and monetary costs of war.
The group decided to rally some of the prior supporters and have one final Peace Vigil before suspending them. Caryn states they are only suspended, not stopped, because the group reserves the right to start again at any time if circumstances change. An example would be if negotiations fail and our government decides to attack Syria or any other country where the U.S. does not belong.
Tags See All Tags