News Releases -
Written by Davenport Parks and Recreation
Monday, 01 August 2011 09:37
For all events go online www.cityofdavenportiowa.com/parks to register or call 328-PARK (7275) for more information. Look this month to pick up the Fall/WINTER copy of THRIVE! and special events. Registrations begin August 10th for our Fall Session which starts Sept 12th!
- - This extremely rare and exciting opportunity will be a blast for the whole family. Please come and support these young students. Info on times and locations can be found @
- Kindernature: Stars and the Moon. Tues August 9th, 10:00pm-11am at Vander Veer Botanical Park Conservatory. Cost $6.00. Bring your preschooler to learn about the night sky! Price includes an interactive program and snack.
- Back to School Fiesta: Fri August 12th 1:00pm-7:00pm at Garfield Park. FREE! This is a family fiesta-that has games, activities, dunk tank, piñatas, etc... all to prepare for a fun back to school time!
- 8th Annual Doggie Dig: Fri Aug 12th 6:00pm-7:30pm at Fejervary Aquatic Center. Cost $3.00 per dog, people get in free!
- Central High School Jazz & Marching Bands: Wed August 17th at LeClaire Park-Music on the Levee Series. Cost: Free.
- Chicago Cubs vs St Louis Cardinals Bus Trip to Wrigley Field! Fri August 19th, leaving The River's Edge at 9am. Return will be promptly after the game. Cost 95.00 per person, includes a ticket to the game.
- City of Davenport Appreciation at the River Bandits! Sat August 20th. Cost-FREE, must pick up tickets at Davenport Parks and recreation and show proof of residency.
- Iowa Prairie Heritage on display! Aug 20th-Oct 9th, in the Vander Veer Botanical Park Conservatory Park Store we will be hosting a special educational display. The displays will have huge panels that educate the public on the past, present and future of tall grass prairies in Iowa.
- Wheelchair Basketball Clinic: Tues August 23rd, 5:00-6:30 location TBD. Call the parks office at 328-PARK (7275) for more information.
RIVER'S EDGE- Located at 700 W. River Drive (Across from Modern Woodmen Park)
- The Rivers Edge Turf is hosting another fun month in August!
- The Ultimate Sports Lock In: August 6th- Join us for an overnight stay packed with sports, sports and more sports! The fee is $40 and runs from 8PM to 8AM.
- "Summer Showdown" Indoor Soccer Tournament: August 13th- A Coed bracket with a round robin style play leads to a champion! Team fee is $200.
- Rage In The Cage Dodge ball Tournament: August 20th- Grab the bull by the horns and take home the trophy! Coed bracket, Team fee is $75.
- Rivers Edge Community Flea Market: August 27th- Join us for one the QC Areas largest flea market. Admission is FREE, Vendor tables are $25 and you keep 100% of your profit. Market opens at 9 am.
- 50yr Anniversary of Emeis Golf Course! August 19th marks the 50th Anniversary of Emeis Golf Course and the exhibition match played by Arnold Palmer and Gary Player. Come and celebrate the wonderful history and current transformations that have made Emeis a success for 50 years.
- Golf Gift Cards - great for any occasion, are always available at Davenport golf shops, Parks and Recreation desk at Rivers Edge, and now at Vander Veer Park Store.
- Visit www.golfdavenport.com for the 2011 Golf fees, latest updates and information
- Family Friday Nights at Red Hawk Golf and Learning Center - Start a new activity this summer fit for the whole family. (Must be 8 years of age to use the Driving Range Area) Golf clubs sets are available upon request. Age - Children K and up accompanied by an adult. $10 - per family of Four, $2 each additional person, 6pm - 9pm June 3d - Aug 5th (10 Fridays)
- Price includes:
- Unlimited Use of Short Course (Par 3 course)
- Medium Bucket of range balls - one per family
- Putting Green Activities - putting course etc.
- Clubhouse Host with Pizza and Beverage provided. 7:30-9pm