- Buy Adobe Dreamweaver CC MAC (Full Lifetime License) (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,tr,hu,pl,cs,ru,ja,kr)
- Discount - Apple Aperture 3 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk Maya 2011 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Illustrator CS6
- Download Nero 9 Reloaded
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS6 Bible (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Fireworks CS6 Essential Training
- Buy Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- Buy OEM Adobe Fireworks CS6 MAC
- Buy Cheap 3D Home Architect Design Suite Deluxe 8
- Discount - BeLight Software Art Text 2 MAC
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with SP2 (32 bit)
- 29.95$ Omni Group OmniGraffle 5 Standard MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Classroom in a Book
|Peaceful River Celebrates First Year as McCausland Destination|
|News Releases - Travel & Tourism|
|Written by Jake Glimco|
|Thursday, 07 April 2011 13:30|
McCausland, IA / April 1, 2011 – A Scott County town, known as a destination for outdoor enthusiasts, is celebrating its OTHER reason to visit. Peaceful River Trading Co. in McCausland will mark its first year in business with a celebration and fundraiser Saturday, April 16, 2011 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The trading-post style retailer will sell an array of fresh baked goods as well as hot dogs, chips and pop. Proceeds from the sale will help fund McCausland’s Labor Day fireworks display. Special anniversary discounts are being offered throughout the month of April.
Since opening in April of 2010, Peaceful River Trading Co. has grown into a unique and eclectic destination for those who love to ‘hunt’ for distinctive and original gifts and furnishings. Peaceful River features a fun and quirky assortment of hand-made items, antiques and furnishings from around the region. Peaceful River features the works of numerous local artists, including painters K.C. Barnes from Bettendorf and Billie Davids of Princeton. Peaceful River also sells pottery and jewelry designed by Jerri Munson of Davenport, IA.
Founder and owner Sheila Bosworth, a former craft show organizer, had a vision of creating the perfect location for local artists to display and sell their works. “It has been wonderful to be part of bringing more people to McCausland,” says Bosworth. Her vision caught the attention of Joanne Rumpza, who carves ornate images and designs into natural bird eggs. “It’s unique. They have everything under the sun here.” said Rumpza, who now sells her own works at Peaceful River. “I was impressed that McCausland had such high-quality artists showing their works at Peaceful River.”
Peaceful River brings visitors back to a simpler time, and is housed in a beautiful, circa-1916 bank building, formerly the home of McCausland State Bank. Co-owner and McCausland City Clerk Sheila Bosworth admits she fell in love with the building, a setting that invites visitors to explore. In tribute to its location, Bosworth turned the bank’s vault in to a shrine to outdoor enthusiasts. The store also has a “kid’s room.” At Peaceful River the coffee is always on.
Bosworth runs Peaceful River Trading Co. with business partner Kit Gleason, a retired Army veteran and travel consultant. Peaceful River Trading Co. is open from 10 am- 5 pm Wednesday through Saturday and 11 am to 4 pm on Sundays. McCausland is located about 20 miles northeast of Davenport, just off Utica Ridge Road on F33, 5 minutes north of Scott County Park. Explore Peaceful River Trading Company at www.peacefulrivertradingco.com
Tags See All Tags