- 19.95$ Global Delight Voila 3 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 (en)
- Buy Linotype FontExplorer X Pro 4 MAC (en)
- 9.95$ Real World Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers cheap oem
- 59.95$ Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended cheap oem
- Buy OEM Microsoft MapPoint 2010 North America
- Download VMware Workstation 8
- Buy IMAGENOMIC Portraiture 2 for Adobe Photoshop MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Kingsoft Office 2009
- 19.95$ ChemTable Reg Organizer 4.21 cheap oem
- Buy Prosoft Engineering Drive Genius 3 MAC (en)
- 99.95$ Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2 MAC cheap oem
|Pets Across U.S. Brace for Heat Wave|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by James Judge|
|Wednesday, 17 July 2013 07:56|
MINNEAPOLIS - As people brace for the heat wave that is forecasted to blanket the U.S. this week, doctors from BluePearl Veterinary Partners are urging pet owners to take precautions for their pets during the sweltering days ahead.
BluePearl doctors recommend these simple steps to help prevent your pet from taking a trip to the emergency room:
• Avoid physical activity during the heat of the day; keep exercise to the cooler mornings and evenings.
• Ensure your pet has access to plenty of water throughout the day and during times of exercise.
• Spray your pet down with room temperature or cool water, but never ice water. Ice cold water causes a decrease in blood flow to the skin and heat can’t escape the body properly, which actually makes heat exhaustion symptoms worse.
• Make sure pets are kept inside of air-conditioned spaces to avoid excess exposure to heat.
• When walking or jogging with your pet, try to avoid asphalt as your pet’s paw pads can burn. Instead, stick to concrete, dirt or grass, as those surfaces are less hot.
• Never leave your pet in a car unattended, even with the air conditioning running. If the air conditioning fails, your pet could easily over-heat in as little as a few minutes.
• Don’t give sports drinks or electrolyte supplements to pets. Dogs cool off by panting and they do not sweat like people. Supplements like sports drinks can actually harm animals and make pets sick.
Most importantly, be familiar with your pet and know when they aren’t acting right. Lethargy, vomiting, diarrhea and dark red gums are all signs of heat related distress. If your pet is panting uncontrollably or collapses, take the animal to your veterinarian or nearest emergency veterinary hospital immediately.
About BluePearl Veterinary Partners
Formed in 2008, BluePearl Veterinary Partners is headquartered in Tampa, Fla., and employs more than 1,200 people including approximately 250 veterinarians. BluePearl hospitals are referral-only and don’t provide primary care. Most BluePearl hospitals offer 24-hour emergency care services. BluePearl is one of the world’s principal providers of approved veterinary residency and internship educational programs. BluePearl also participates in and conducts clinical trials to study the effectiveness of new drugs and treatments, which give clients access to cutting-edge medicine not yet commercially available and improves the quality of care delivered to our patients.
Tags See All Tags