- Download Electric Rain Swift 3d v6 MAC
- 19.95$ SmartSoft SmartFTP 4.0 Home (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - iPhone SDK Essential Training
- Buy Infinite Skills - Advanced Revit Structure 2014 Training (en)
- 149.95$ Corel Designer Technical Suite X4 cheap oem
- Discount - Apple Final Cut Pro X MAC
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium MAC
- Download Nik Software Silver Efex Pro 2 MAC (64-bit)
- 9.95$ Panic Unison 2 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk Alias Surface 2014 (64-bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 (64-bit)
|Picture book for immigrant women is now available|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by M. McNeil|
|Tuesday, 27 March 2012 12:43|
Explaining the need for mammograms and pap smears to immigrant women—who don’t speak English—is a challenge for health care workers and those trying to help the immigrants assimilate into a new country. Thanks to a “Stand Against Cancer” grant there is a new picture book designed to educate the women about the procedures.
A sneak preview of the book will be held Wednesday, March 28th at 9:30 at Church of Peace in Rock Island (1114 12th Street).
The list of attendees at the news event who will be available for interviews include author, Nora Steele, the Stand Against Cancer advocate for this area; Kathy Lemburg from the Rock Island County Health Department; 2 representatives from the Komen Quad Cities group; illustrator, Barbara Crede; Doug Tschopp from Augustana College; Church of Peace Pastor Michael Swartz, Black Hawk College teachers who are instructing the immigrants as well as the students who the book was written for.
WHO: Immigrant women
WHAT: Picture book explaining mammograms and pap smears
WHERE: Church of Peace Rock Island—1114 12th Street
WHEN: Wednesday, March 28th at 9:30 am.
Tags See All Tags