- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Create a Sortable Photo Gallery with jQuery cheap oem
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2015 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 (64-bit)
- Discount - 4Media DVD Ripper Platinum 5
- Discount - Adobe Contribute CS4
- 329.95$ Siemens Solid Edge ST4 (32 bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Illustrator CS4
- Buy Cheap ABest Video Converter Spirit
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Persian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Discount - Adobe Presenter 7
- Buy Autodesk Combustion 4 (en)
- Buy Cheap Boris Continuum Complete 8 for Adobe AE & PrPro (64-bit)
|Picture book for immigrant women is now available|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by M. McNeil|
|Tuesday, 27 March 2012 12:43|
Explaining the need for mammograms and pap smears to immigrant women—who don’t speak English—is a challenge for health care workers and those trying to help the immigrants assimilate into a new country. Thanks to a “Stand Against Cancer” grant there is a new picture book designed to educate the women about the procedures.
A sneak preview of the book will be held Wednesday, March 28th at 9:30 at Church of Peace in Rock Island (1114 12th Street).
The list of attendees at the news event who will be available for interviews include author, Nora Steele, the Stand Against Cancer advocate for this area; Kathy Lemburg from the Rock Island County Health Department; 2 representatives from the Komen Quad Cities group; illustrator, Barbara Crede; Doug Tschopp from Augustana College; Church of Peace Pastor Michael Swartz, Black Hawk College teachers who are instructing the immigrants as well as the students who the book was written for.
WHO: Immigrant women
WHAT: Picture book explaining mammograms and pap smears
WHERE: Church of Peace Rock Island—1114 12th Street
WHEN: Wednesday, March 28th at 9:30 am.
Tags See All Tags