- Discount - Lynda.com - Building Templates in Word
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop Elements 8
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn German (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set)
- Buy Steinberg Cubase 4 (en)
- Download Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery v3 MAC
- Download Sony DVD Architect Pro 5
- Buy I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Pro MAC (en)
- Buy Adobe Muse CC (Full LifeTime License) (en,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,nb,ru,pl,fi,sv,tr,cs,ja,ko,zh)
- Buy Paragon Drive Backup Professional 8.5 (en)
- 379.95$ Solidworks 2013 Premium (64-bit) cheap oem
- 199.95$ DAZ Carrara 8 Pro cheap oem
|Picture book for immigrant women is now available|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by M. McNeil|
|Tuesday, 27 March 2012 12:43|
Explaining the need for mammograms and pap smears to immigrant women—who don’t speak English—is a challenge for health care workers and those trying to help the immigrants assimilate into a new country. Thanks to a “Stand Against Cancer” grant there is a new picture book designed to educate the women about the procedures.
A sneak preview of the book will be held Wednesday, March 28th at 9:30 at Church of Peace in Rock Island (1114 12th Street).
The list of attendees at the news event who will be available for interviews include author, Nora Steele, the Stand Against Cancer advocate for this area; Kathy Lemburg from the Rock Island County Health Department; 2 representatives from the Komen Quad Cities group; illustrator, Barbara Crede; Doug Tschopp from Augustana College; Church of Peace Pastor Michael Swartz, Black Hawk College teachers who are instructing the immigrants as well as the students who the book was written for.
WHO: Immigrant women
WHAT: Picture book explaining mammograms and pap smears
WHERE: Church of Peace Rock Island—1114 12th Street
WHEN: Wednesday, March 28th at 9:30 am.
Tags See All Tags