- 29.95$ Corel Paintshop Photo Pro X4 cheap oem
- 199.95$ QuarkXPress 10 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - HTML5: Background Processes with Web Workers
- 199.95$ Adobe Authorware 7 cheap oem
- Download Sorenson Media Squeeze 7 MAC
- Buy Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (64-bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe Director 11
- Buy OEM Adobe After Effects CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy OEM Parallels Desktop 7 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop CS5 Classroom in a Book
- Discount - Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Steinberg WaveLab 6 (en)
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
|Picturing Identity: The Allure of Portraiture Exhibition Opens Saturday|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Natalie Dunlop|
|Friday, 16 November 2012 15:24|
Davenport, IOWA (November 2012) – The newest exhibition at the Figge Art Museum opens this Saturday, November 17 and runs through February 17, 2013. Picturing Identity: The Allure of Portraiture features 20th century examples of portraits that address changes in the perceived nature of personal identity and its representation.
Curated by Dr. Rima Girnius of the Figge, portraits feature celebrities and historical figures whose public roles question the traditional function of portraiture and how we often remember people not as they were but as they appeared to be through images.
Much of the power ascribed to portraiture has depended on the artist’s ability to vividly capture the nuances and peculiarities of a person’s physical appearance and character. Portraits were deemed successful when the image resembled the original to such a degree that the person represented appeared to be momentarily present before the viewer’s eyes.
The Figge is offering FREE admission on Saturday, so don’t miss your opportunity to see this exhibition on its opening day. Also be sure to keep in mind the upcoming companion events (see below) being offered in conjunction with Picturing Identity: The Allure of Portraiture.
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9pm. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit our website, www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Free with membership or museum admission
Join exhibition curator Rima Girnius, PhD, as she discusses the history of portraiture, and its continuing importance as an artistic genre.-end-
Tags See All Tags