- Discount - Xilisoft Video To Audio Converter 5.1
- Buy Lynda.com - AJAX Essential Training (en)
- Discount - Macware Logo Design Studio Pro 1.5 MAC
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Access 2013 Essential Training cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe eLearning Suite 2.5
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 (32-bit)
- Discount - Lynda.com - iOS 4 App Development New Features
- Discount - Autodesk Revit MEP 2012
- Download Micromat TechTool Pro 6 MAC (32-bit)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Selections in Depth
- Discount - Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5 MAC
- Buy Cheap Luxion KeyShot Pro 4 + Animation + KeyShotVR
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CC cheap oem
|Plan Now to Attend Driftless Region Beef Conference|
|News Releases - Agribusiness|
|Written by Amanda Heitz|
|Monday, 17 December 2012 14:24|
With nearly 2.5 million cattle in the four-state Driftless Region, extension services in Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin have teamed up to offer a Driftless Region Beef Conference. The first event will be held on Jan. 31 and Feb. 1, 2013, at the Grand River Convention Center in Dubuque, Iowa.
The Driftless Region includes beautiful rolling hills, clean streams and karst soil topography. Conservation of our soils and protection of our waters are best accomplished with much of the land seeded to forage production. That requires cattle to consume these forages. The Driftless Beef Conference will focus on efficient and economic beef and forage production.
The program will begin at 1 p.m. on Jan. 31 and run till 11:45 a.m.on Feb. 1. Some of the key speakers include Dan Shike and Tara Felix, University of Illinois; Matt Spangler, University of Nebraska-Lincoln; Amy Radunz, University of Wisconsin - River Falls; and Darrell Peel, Oklahoma State University. Thursday’s afternoon program will focus on feed efficiency at all stages of production, with an evening discussion focused on straight versus crossbreeding. Friday morning’s program includes three breakout sessions for feedlot operations and three for cow herds.
Registration for the conference is $80 before Jan. 15 or $100 after Jan. 15. Additional information about the conference is available at www.aep.iastate.edu/beef. Registration will open for the conference on Dec. 1.
The Driftless Region Beef Conference is sponsored by the University of Illinois Extension, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, the University of Minnesota Extension, and University of Wisconsin Extension. The planning team strives to deliver the latest in research-based information regarding the beef cattle industry. For more information or to receive a brochure, contact Denise Schwab at 319-721-9624.
Tags See All Tags