- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Mastery cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - iPhone SDK Essential Training
- Buy Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2014 Ultimate (64-bit) (en,ja)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2014 Ultimate (64-bit)
- 149.95$ CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Download Fidelity Media MegaSeg Pro 5 MAC
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (64-bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- Download Altova DatabaseSpy 2009
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk 3DS Max 2013
- Download Lynda.com - PHP with MySQL Essential Training
- 19.95$ Slysoft CloneDVD 2 cheap oem
|Poison Prevention Means Keep Out of Reach for Pets too|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by James Judge|
|Monday, 18 March 2013 15:15|
MINNEAPOLIS – Doctors from BluePearl Veterinary Partners referral medicine hospitals here are encouraging people to also remember their pets during National Poison Prevention Week.
National Poison Prevention Week started Sunday and runs through Saturday. The purpose is to create awareness and prevent injury or death due to poisoning.
“While many precautions are taken to prevent humans from being exposed to poisons, it is equally important to remember to take precautions for pets,” said Dr. Annie Wright, a board-certified specialist in veterinary emergency and critical care medicine with BluePearl here. “A good way to do this is to know what types of items can be toxic to pets.”
According to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, the top 10 pet toxins of 2012 were:
1. Prescription human medications
3. Over-the-counter human medications
4. Veterinary products and medications
5. Household products
6. People food
10. Lawn and garden products
Additionally, garlic, grapes, macadamia nuts, onions, raisins, the sugar substitute xylitol, and raw or undercooked food can create major problems for pets.
While rodenticides may not be intended for pets, they are designed to attract animals. Should pets encounter these indiscriminate poisons, the condition is life-threatening and the pet must be treated by a veterinarian as soon as possible.
Furthermore, with Easter just around the corner, it’s important to recognize that lilies are deadly to cats.
Antifreeze is another toxic substance pets are often attracted to. If ingested, pets can almost certainly die if the condition is left untreated.
If a pet does ingest something that may be toxic, make sure to bring the label or packaging of the substance with you to your veterinarian. For example, there are two different types of rodenticides with two different forms of treatment. It’s important for veterinarians to know what substance they are treating for.
“Most importantly, if you believe your pet has gotten into something that may be poisonous, get him or her to your veterinarian or an emergency veterinarian immediately,” said Wright. “Time can ultimately be the difference between life and death.”
About BluePearl Veterinary Partners
Formed in 2008, BluePearl Veterinary Partners is headquartered in Tampa, Fla., and employs more than 1,200 people including approximately 250 veterinarians. BluePearl hospitals are referral-only and don’t provide primary care. BluePearl is one of the world’s principal providers of approved veterinary residency and internship educational programs. BluePearl also participates in and conducts clinical trials to study the effectiveness of new drugs and treatments, which give clients access to cutting-edge medicine not yet commercially available and improves the quality of care delivered to our patients.
Tags See All Tags