- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Portuguese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Download ElcomSoft Advanced Office Password Recovery 4.0 Professional
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Practical Photoshop Selections
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2014 (32-bit)
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard Training MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Dreamweaver CS5 All-in-One For Dummies
- Discount - Adobe Prelude CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy OEM Avanquest MyLogoMaker Professional 2
- 199.95$ Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 (64-bit)
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - SolidWorks 2012 Advanced cheap oem
- Discount - Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2012
- Discount - FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced
|PORT BYRON NONPROFIT ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR 3RD ANNUAL 5K|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Holly Larson|
|Tuesday, 14 January 2014 10:18|
PORT BYRON, IL - The Nick Teddy Foundation is pleased to announce its third annual “Nick Teddy Fight Against Ewing’s Sarcoma 5K.” The event starts at 9:00 AM on Sat., September 13, 2014, and offers a fun day for participants and their families. The “Nick Teddy 5k” includes races, kid’s games, food and entertainment, and a silent auction and raffle.
This annual family event is held in memory of Nicholas Theodore Strub, a native of Port Byron, Ill., a 2000 graduate of Riverdale High School, and a 2004 Alumnus of Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. Nick fought a courageous battle against the pediatric cancer, Ewing’s sarcoma, for more than 5-years, until he died at age 29.
Proceeds from the “Nick Teddy 5k” will benefit the Liddy Shriver Sarcoma Initiative (www.sarcomahelp.org), which works to award sarcoma research grants to expert investigators around the world. Several area children currently are affected by this disease. In 2013, the event registered more than 400 runners and raised over $25,000. $20,000 was donated to be used exclusively for Ewing’s sarcoma research. Half of the remaining proceeds was disbursed to a local Ewing’s patient to help defray family costs of travel and lodging during treatment, and half was held in reserve to assist other area patients as needed.
Photos and interviews are available for 5k preview stories. You can find us online at: Nick Teddy Foundation (http://www.NickTeddy.org), on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/NickTeddyOrg) and on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/NickTeddyOrg).
Race Director/Contact: Holly Larson
Tags See All Tags