- Buy OEM Access 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Adobe Fireworks CS6
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Filipino (Level 1, 2 Set)
- 9.95$ Adobe Photoshop CS5 One-on-One cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Create an Interactive Homepage Marquee with jQuery
- 89.95$ VMware Workstation 8 cheap oem
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Swedish (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) cheap oem
- 199.95$ Autodesk Showcase 2012 (64-bit) cheap oem
- 39.95$ ABBYY FineReader 8 Express Edition MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - InDesign CS6 New Features
- Discount - Excel 2007 Data Analysis For Dummies
|Presidents Day Weekend Features the Grand Opening of New Visitor Center Exhibits|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Adam Prato|
|Friday, 31 January 2014 16:02|
WEST BRANCH, IOWA— Visitors to West Branch can learn more about Herbert Hoover and other presidents this Presidents Day weekend. On Saturday, February 15 a park ranger discusses “Herbert Hoover’s National Parks”: special places like Arches, Isle Royale, George Washington Birthplace, Sunset Crater Volcano, and other national parks and monuments preserved by Herbert Hoover’s administration. The presentation is free and begins at 2 p.m. in the visitor center.
Following “Herbert Hoover’s National Parks” on February 15 will be the grand opening of the historic site’s new permanent exhibits from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. The new exhibits tell the stories of President Hoover’s childhood in West Branch and how he later helped develop the park which commemorates his life. The grand opening is free. Refreshments will be offered by the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library Association.
The new exhibits feature artifacts, archival photographs and documents, text panels, and audio-visual programs. Along with the park’s map and guide, audio tour, and introductory film, they complement visitors’ exploration of the restored buildings and commemorative landscape of the historic site and the extensive galleries of Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum.
On Monday, February 17 at Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum, archivist Craig Wright will present “Presidential Parade”, a fun look at our presidents and the presidential library system. The presentation begins at 2 p.m. and is free with paid admission to the museum. It includes stories and images of presidents connections to both Herbert Hoover and fellow Iowan, Pulitzer Prize winning political cartoonist Jay “Ding” Darling. The Hidden Works of Jay N. “Ding” Darling, a temporary exhibit, is on display at the Presidential Library and Museum from until March, 23, 2014.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site and Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum are in West Branch, Iowa at exit 254 off I-80. Both are open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time. For more information go online at www.nps.gov/heho or call (319) 643-2541.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site
110 Parkside Drive
PO Box 607
West Branch, Iowa 52358
319 643-2541 phone
319 643-7864 fax
Tags See All Tags