- Download Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 10
- Buy ABest Video to RM RMVB SWF FLV Converter (en)
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Microsoft Excel 2013
- Buy Cheap IMSI TurboFLOORPLAN Home and Landscape PRO 12
- Download Steinberg WaveLab 6
- Discount - Macpaw MacHider Mac
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn English (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set)
- 199.95$ Sony Vegas Pro 13 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Kolor Autopano Giga 3 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CS6
- Download Autodesk AutoCad MEP 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap ACDSee Photo Manager 2009
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Create an Interactive Homepage Marquee with jQuery
|Prohibition and Prostitution in Davenport during the Gilded Age|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Kelly Lao|
|Wednesday, 13 June 2012 08:15|
Davenport, IA- On Saturday June 16th at 2pm, the German American Heritage Center will host Dr. Jane Simonsen of Augustana college for her talk, “Crossing Perry Street: Working Women & Sporting Men in ‘Der freie Staat Scott.’” This talk will cover when Davenport was one of the wickedest places in the Midwest around the time of Prohibition. After the talk, Jane will lead those who are interested on a walk through Bucktown, where the beer flowed and the action followed!
Admission is $5 for Adults, $4 for Seniors, $3 for children 5-17, and free for members.
This program is part of a series relating to our exhibit “Suds!” which features the breweries that operated here and the taverns and saloons where settlers gathered for their favorite brands. Local brewery ephemera and historic images take visitors through our local connections to the famous beverage!
The exhibit runs through October 28th and is sponsored by Vanguard Distributing Corporation. Visit our website www.gahc.org for more information on this event and other upcoming events. Call 563-322-8844 or visit us at 712 W 2nd St. Davenport, IA.
Tags See All Tags