- 39.95$ Alien Skin Snap Art 3 MAC cheap oem
- 149.95$ Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Mastery
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5
- Download ABest Video Converter Spirit
- Discount - Adobe Illustrator CS4
- Download Super Win A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner
- Buy Cheap Ashampoo ClipFisher (32-bit)
- 169.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium Student And Teacher Edition cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk Showcase 2009 (en)
- Buy OEM Photoshop CC: The Missing Manual
|Prohibition and Prostitution in Davenport during the Gilded Age|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Kelly Lao|
|Wednesday, 13 June 2012 08:15|
Davenport, IA- On Saturday June 16th at 2pm, the German American Heritage Center will host Dr. Jane Simonsen of Augustana college for her talk, “Crossing Perry Street: Working Women & Sporting Men in ‘Der freie Staat Scott.’” This talk will cover when Davenport was one of the wickedest places in the Midwest around the time of Prohibition. After the talk, Jane will lead those who are interested on a walk through Bucktown, where the beer flowed and the action followed!
Admission is $5 for Adults, $4 for Seniors, $3 for children 5-17, and free for members.
This program is part of a series relating to our exhibit “Suds!” which features the breweries that operated here and the taverns and saloons where settlers gathered for their favorite brands. Local brewery ephemera and historic images take visitors through our local connections to the famous beverage!
The exhibit runs through October 28th and is sponsored by Vanguard Distributing Corporation. Visit our website www.gahc.org for more information on this event and other upcoming events. Call 563-322-8844 or visit us at 712 W 2nd St. Davenport, IA.
Tags See All Tags