- Discount - Macpaw CleanMyMac
- Discount - Microsoft Visio Professional 2013
- Buy Cheap Techsmith Camtasia Studio 7
- Discount - Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2013
- Buy Kolor Autopano Giga 3 (en,de,fr,it,pt,es,ch,ja,tr)
- Buy Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 (64-bit) (en)
- Buy Aurora Media Workshop (en)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2012 (32-bit)
- Discount - Neobyte Titan Backup
- 359.95$ GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 13 cheap oem
- 149.95$ Adobe Fireworks CS6 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Publisher 2013
- Discount - Autodesk Inventor LT 2012 (64-bit)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Fireworks CS6 New Features
|Provisions in appropriations bill will help solidify Rock Island Arsenal’s future|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Grassley Press|
|Wednesday, 15 January 2014 09:09|
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Senator Chuck Grassley today commented on the inclusion of two provisions that will help solidify the future of the Rock Island Arsenal in the Omnibus Appropriations Bill for Fiscal Year 2014. The bill resulted from a budget agreement between the House and the Senate. Both chambers are expected to act on the appropriations bill this week.
“It’s good news that this effort is moving forward. The capabilities of the Rock Island Arsenal have proven their value time and again and are a vital backstop in wartime. This measure will help secure the long-term viability of the Arsenal,” Grassley said.
The first provision requires the Secretary of the Army to maintain a workload that allows the Arsenal to sustain critical capabilities for when they are needed in time of war. Those levels were determined in the Army Organic Industrial Base Strategy Report, released in August 2013. The report resulted from a mandated study that was first proposed by Grassley with U.S. Senators Tom Harkin of Iowa and Mark Kirk and Dick Durbin of Illinois as part of the Army Arsenal Strategic Workload Enhancement Act of 2012 and authorized in the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013.
The second provision ensures the Arsenal’s competitiveness by providing additional funding through the Arsenal Sustainment Initiative. This will help the Arsenal compete more effectively for partnerships in the private sector.
The provisions were included by Durbin with the support of the entire Rock Island Arsenal delegation: Grassley, Harkin and Kirk along with U.S. Reps. Dave Loebsack of Iowa and Cherri Bustos of Illinois.-30-
Tags See All Tags