- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Fireworks CS6 Essential Training
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection (64-bit)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD 2012 MAC (64-bit)
- Buy Ashampoo ClipFisher (32-bit) (en)
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning Python Programming MAC
- 219.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Microsoft Visual Studio Premium 2012 (32 bit)
- Buy Cheap GFI EndPointSecurity 4.0
- 9.95$ Photoshop CS4 Down & Dirty Tricks cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise (en,da,nl,fi,fr,de,it,no,pl,pt,ru,es,sv,bg,hr,cs,et,el,hu,lv,lt,ro,sr,sk,sl,tr,uk)
- 249.95$ Autodesk Maya 2011 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS6 Classroom in a Book
|Public urged to respond, act FAST when stroke strikes suddenly|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by American Stroke Association|
|Monday, 29 October 2012 13:47|
Message on World Stroke Day, Oct. 29: Stroke is preventable, treatable and beatable
(DES MOINES, October 25, 2012) — On World Stroke Day, Oct. 29, the American Stroke Association, a division of the American Heart Association, is urging people globally to reduce the threat of stroke in their lives and in the lives of loved ones.
Stroke is the second-leading cause of death in the world behind heart disease and a leading cause of severe, long-term disability. In the United States, someone suffers a stroke every 40 seconds, and someone dies of a stroke every three to four minutes.
Knowing the warning signs can help people get to a hospital quickly to be assessed for a clot-busting drug, which may reduce disability or death from stroke. An easy way to recognize the sudden signs of stroke is to remember F.A.S.T:
· F - Face Drooping - Does one side of the face droop or is it numb? Ask the person to smile.
· A - Arm Weakness - Is one arm weak or numb? Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
· S - Speech Difficulty - Is speech slurred? Is the person unable to speak or hard to understand? Ask the person to repeat a simple sentence like: “The sky is blue.” Is the sentence repeated correctly?
· T - Time to call 9-1-1 - If the person shows any of these symptoms, even if the symptoms go away, call 9-1-1 and get the person to the hospital immediately.
Stroke affects 795,000 Americans annually. Yet in a November 2011survey commissioned by the American Stroke Association, only 63 percent of adults could name one or more stroke warnings signs. Immediately after exposure to the F.A.S.T. acronym, 87 percent of adults could recall at least one correct sign.
To learn more about stroke, the warning signs and to participate in the World Stroke Day Instagram campaign, visit strokeassociation.org/
American Heart Association/American Stroke AssociationThe American Stroke Association is devoted to saving people from stroke — America’s No. 4 killer and a leading cause of serious disability. We team with millions of volunteers to fund innovative research, fight for stronger public health policies, and provide lifesaving tools and information to prevent, treat and beat stroke. The Dallas-based association was created in 1997 as a division of the American Heart Association. To learn more or to get involved, call 1-888-4STROKE or visit strokeassociation.org .
Tags See All Tags