- Buy OEM Autodesk Softimage 2014
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Parallels Desktop 5 MAC
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Italian (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 Set) MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Panic Coda MAC
- Discount - BeLight Software Labels & Addresses MAC
- Buy Magix Samplitude 11 (en)
- Discount - Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2012 (en)
- Download Lynda.com - CSS Formatting Visual Data
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium MAC (de,es,fr,it,nl,no,sv,pt,en)
- Buy Cheap SmartSoft SmartFTP 4.0 Home (32-bit)
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection (32-bit) (en,ja,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,cs,hu,ar,he,pl,ro,ru,tr,uk)
|Puppets & Pies: A fundraising event for GAHC!|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by German American Heritage Center|
|Tuesday, 21 January 2014 16:17|
Join us for an evening performance of Finding Home, an intriguing tale in three parts about immigration by the renowned troupe Eulenspiegel Puppets on Friday, February 7th.
Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door. Limited seating is available.
Doors open at 6:00 and show begins at 7:00 with a Pie Auction to follow! All proceeds benefit GAHC.
Finding Home is a trilogy of pieces, poignant, joyful, and humorous, about puppeteer Monica Leo's parents and their immigration experiences. The first piece, My Father's Imaginary Friend, uses candlelight and shadows to interpret the story of her father's hope and survival during his incarceration in a concentration camp.
The second piece, German Eggheads in Rural Texas, traces the family's life in a Lutheran parsonage in rural Texas. Monica uses her mother's illustrations to create puppets and scenery that tell droll stories of language and cultural mix-ups and misunderstandings.
The third piece, Mutti's Muscles, uses dolls and other objects to follow her mother's rebirth as a metal sculptor and political activist in the United States after her father's death.
Refreshments and slices of homemade pie will be served! Get your tickets today by calling 563-322-8844 or stopping in to see us at 712 W 2nd Street, Davenport!
Tags See All Tags