- Buy Cheap Adobe Muse CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- 49.95$ Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2013 USA MAC cheap oem
- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Pro Tools 11 MAC
- Discount - Objective Development Launch Bar 5 MAC
- Download Adobe Fireworks CS6
- Buy Cheap Autodesk ImageModeler 2009 MAC
- Buy Cheap Hacking Wireless Networks For Dummies
- Download Autodesk Alias Design 2013 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Macrabbit CSSEdit 2 MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Running a Design Business: Designer-Client Agreements (en)
|QC CROP Hunger Walk this Sunday, October 7th|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Anne Wachal|
|Monday, 01 October 2012 09:45|
The 41st annual Quad Cities CROP Hunger Walk to be held this Sunday, October 7, 2012 beginning at Modern Woodmen Park in Davenport and crossing the Centennial Bridge into Rock Island.
Looking to make a difference in these trying times, the Quad Cities CROP Hunger Walk has set a goal of 1,000 Walkers and hopes to raise $60,000 to help stop hunger and poverty here in our community and around the world, through self-help initiatives. A portion of the funds raised here in the Quad Cities will go to the hunger-fighting work at local food pantries and other agencies.
Last year, 800 Walkers raised more than $58,000 in their locally organized CROP Hunger Walk.
This year the Quad Cities and some 2,000 cities and towns nationwide are joining together in interfaith community CROP Hunger Walks around the theme "Ending hunger one step at a time." Many of the CROP Walkers will be wearing T-shirts, proclaiming their solidarity with the millions of neighbors around the world who have to walk to live -- as well as with the millions served by local food pantries, food banks, and meal sites here in the U.S. These local ministries share in the funds raised by CROP Hunger Walks.
Haiti is one part of the world where CROP Hunger Walks are making a big difference. In the aftermath of the killer earthquake, Church World Service was there with much-needed emergency assistance. With the recovery effort in full swing, CWS is helping families and communities to rebuild homes, food supplies and livelihoods.
CROP Hunger Walks also play a role in the U.S., helping communities ravaged by floods and tornadoes to recover.
Tags See All Tags