- 59.95$ Adobe Edge Animate CC MAC (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Creating an Interactive Photo Gallery with jQuery and Dreamweaver cheap oem
- Download NewTek LightWave 3D 10 MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Premium 2014 (64-bit)
- Discount - Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2007
- Download Corel Video Studio Pro X2
- Buy OEM Autodesk 3ds Max 2012
- Buy OEM Autodesk Inventor Suite 2011
- Download Adobe Photoshop CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Download Autodesk Maya 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Adobe FreeHand MX MAC (32-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 Classroom in a Book
|QC StorySLAM to Present Fourth Storytelling Competition|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Tim Suddarth|
|Friday, 10 May 2013 12:35|
ROCK ISLAND, IL – May 10, 2013 – The fourth story-telling competition in the QC StorySLAM series will feature stories that offer a glimpse into the jealousies that we often try to hide. Damascus Road QC and Theo’s Java Club present “It’s Not Easy Being Green: Stories of Jealousy” tomorrow, May 11, 2013 at 7:00 PM. The free event will be held at Theo’s Java Club at 213 17th Street in Rock Island.
The theme for the evening is “It’s Not Easy Being Green: Stories of Jealousy.” You’ll hear stories that give a glimpse into something with which we are not always comfortable admitting. Stories of green vision and envy of if-onlys and might’ve-beens.
QC StorySLAM is a storytelling competition. Anyone who attends can tell a story on the night’s theme. Potential storytellers put their names in a hat and up to ten storytellers are chosen at random to present on the stage. Each story is judged by the following criteria: the story must be true, be five minutes or less, be told without notes, be about the storyteller (not someone else’s story), and revolve around the night’s theme.
“Everyone has a story to tell,” said Kristin Meyer, host of the first two QC StorySLAM competitions. “StorySLAM is a great chance for people to share the story of their lives ” Meyer said, “and it’s a good time for the audience."
The QC StorySLAM champion wins a $25 gift card to Theo's Java Club and a custom-designed T-shirt that humbly declares their champion status. Music throughout the event will be provided by local band MILES RESTORED. More details and a guide to telling a good story may be found at www.facebook.com/QCStorySLAM.
About QC StorySLAM:
QC StorySLAM is a regular storytelling competition in the Quad Cities, inspired by the New York City club The MOTH. Contestants tell true stories without notes and are judged on sticking to the five-minute time limit, sticking to the theme and having a story that sticks. QC StorySLAM is is sponsored by Damascus Road QC a nondenominational church dedicated to honesty, compassion and spiritual life.
(Director, QC StorySLAM / Minister, Damascus Road QC)
Tags See All Tags