- Buy Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3.5 (en,fr,de,ja)
- Buy Apple Final Cut Studio 3 MAC (en)
- Discount - Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
- 239.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2009 cheap oem
- Download Adobe InDesign CS4
- Buy Cheap Autodesk SketchBook Designer 2012 MAC
- 59.95$ Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Essential Training
- Download Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate with SP2 (32bit)
- Download Red Giant Effects Suite 11 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2011
- Discount - Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2012
- Buy OEM SmartSoft SmartFTP 4.0 Home (32-bit)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layers
|QC StorySLAM to Present Third Storytelling Competition|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Tim Suddarth|
|Wednesday, 06 February 2013 09:14|
ROCK ISLAND, IL – February 4, 2013 – The third story-telling competition in the QC StorySLAM series will feature stories that offer a glimpse into hidden parts of our everyday world. Damascus Road QC and Theo’s Java Club present “Behind the Curtain: Stories From the Inside” on February 15, 2013 at 7:00 PM. The free event will be held at Theo’s Java Club at 213 17th Street in Rock Island.
The theme for the evening is “Behind the Curtain: Stories from the Inside.” You’ll hear stories that give a glimpse into something with which the general public is not familiar. It may be a story about what it's like to be on tour in a band or be a key grip for a movie or teach ballroom dance classes or build a theatrical set that barely holds together for the run of the show with crew members literally holding it up during the last performance.
QC StorySLAM is a storytelling competition. Anyone who attends can tell a story on the night’s theme. Potential storytellers put their names in a hat and up to ten storytellers are chosen at random to present on the stage. Each story is judged by the following criteria: the story must be true, be five minutes or less, be told without notes, be about the storyteller (not someone else’s story), and revolve around the night’s theme.
“Everyone has a story to tell,” said Kristin Meyer, host of the first two QC StorySLAM competitions. “StorySLAM is a great chance for people to share the story of their lives ” Meyer said, “and it’s a good time for the audience."
The QC StorySLAM champion wins a $25 gift card to Theo's Java Club and a custom-designed T-shirt that humbly declares their champion status. Music throughout the event will be provided by local band FRIEND AND FOE. More details and a guide to telling a good story may be found at www.facebook.com/QCStorySLAM.
About QC StorySLAM:
QC StorySLAM is a regular storytelling competition in the Quad Cities, inspired by the New York City club The MOTH. Contestants tell true stories without notes and are judged on sticking to the five-minute time limit, sticking to the theme and having a story that sticks. QC StorySLAM is is sponsored by Damascus Road QC a nondenominational church dedicated to honesty, compassion and spiritual life.
(Director, QC StorySLAM / Minister, Damascus Road QC)
Tags See All Tags