- Discount - Brainjuice Blogo MAC
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter (64 bit)
- Buy Corel Painter X3 MAC (en)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Project Management Fundamentals
- Buy Cheap Rob Papen Predator MAC
- 19.95$ Acala DivX to iPod cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Navicat Premium 9 MAC
- Discount - Adobe RoboHelp Server 9 (32-bit)
- Download Real World Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers
- Discount - Lynda.com - Ruby on Rails Beyond the Basics
- Buy Excel 2007 Dashboards and Reports For Dummies (en)
|"POOR KIDS" DOCUMENTARY SCREENING AND DISCUSSION AT WIU-QC|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Tami Seitz|
|Thursday, 24 January 2013 08:43|
MOLINE, IL -- A screening of the PBS documentary, "Poor Kids" will be held from 5-6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5 in Rooms 103 and 104 at the Western Illinois University-Quad Cities Riverfront Campus.
Produced by Jezza Neumann and Lauren Mucciolo, the documentary tells the story of child poverty in America through the eyes of children, including some from the QC region.
In this documentary, "Frontline" follows several of the more than 13 million children in poverty for a glimpse at what life is like for a child in need. There is the near-constant hunger, the stress that comes from watching a parent struggle, and oftentimes, days and weeks spent living in a shelter or bouncing from motel to motel. A post-film discussion will be led byTammy Werner of the WIU-QC sociology department.
While the screening is open free to the public, participants are asked to bring a nonperishable item for the River Bend Food Bank. The screening is sponsored by WIU-Quad Cities, the WIU-QC Communication Student Society (CSS), WQPT and the River Bend Food Bank of the Quad Cities.
For more information, visit pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/
Tags See All Tags