- Buy Cheap Synthetic Aperture Color Finesse 3
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition MAC (64-bit)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD 2011 (en,es,fr,pt,ja)
- 29.95$ PC Washer 2 cheap oem
- Discount - Corel PDF Fusion
- Download Microsoft Office Access 2007
- Buy OEM Atomix VirtualDJ Pro 6 MAC
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011
- Download Adobe Director 11.5
- 259.95$ Autodesk Alias Surface 2012 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2013 (32 bit)
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy OEM Chief Architect X2
- Buy ACDSee Canvas 11 with GIS Module (en)
|"Steampunk" Romeo and Juliet in Moline!|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Richard Martin|
|Monday, 14 October 2013 13:28|
Moline High School students are adding a little STEAM to the classic Romeo and Juliet…STEAMPUNK, that is. PREVIEW THIS WEEK!
(Moline, IL) Moline High School is presenting its fall play, Romeo and Juliet, next weekend, but it is not going to be your typical Romeo and Juliet. First of all, the school has hired Tristan Tapscott, Director of District Theatre in Rock Island, to run the show. Typically the plays are produced by high school English teachers, but the teacher who usually directs the fall play left this summer to take a job in Libertyville, Illinois. MHS hired Tapscott as a guest director and the students are enjoying being directed by a working professional.
Secondly, Tapscott is producing the play in what is known as "Steampunk" style so you will see lots of metal and funky stuff on the set and part of the costumes. Here is an explanation of steampunk : Steampunk is a subgenre of speculative fiction, usually set in an anachronistic Victorian or quasi-Victorian alternate history setting. It could be described by the slogan "What the past would look like if the future had happened sooner".
Thirdly, Romeo and Juliet are dating in real life. Christian Frieden is a junior boy who is dating a sophomore girl, Carolyn Wehr who is playing Juliet.
***The media is invited to a preview of the play on Tuesday, October 15th at 7:00 pm. in the school auditorium. The director will be available for interviews as will the students actors.
WHO: Moline High School Students
WHAT: Media Preview of fall play Romeo and Juliet—Steampunk version
WHEN: Tuesday, October 15th, 7:00 pm
WHERE: MHS Auditorium 3600 Avenue of the Cities
Tags See All Tags