- Buy Lynda.com - Designing a Book (en)
- Buy Autodesk Alias Surface 2014 (64-bit) (en)
- Discount - Frischluft Lenscare for AE and PrPro
- Buy Autodesk NavisWorks Simulate 2009 (en)
- Download Wincare Memory Booster Gold
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2 SP2 (64 bit)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Showcase 2012 (64-bit)
- Download Next Limit Technologies RealFlow 5 MAC
- 29.95$ BeLight Software Labels & Addresses MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium Student and Teacher Edition MAC
- 199.95$ CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Magix Samplitude 11
|QUAD CITIES PEARL HARBOR SURVIVORS ATTENDING 72ND ANNIVERSARY CEREMONY IN PEARL HARBOR ON DECEMBER 7TH|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Ray Hamilton|
|Monday, 02 December 2013 13:18|
LOCAL QC SAILOR ASSISTING WITH THE PREPARATION AND ESCORT
On December 8, 1941, then President Franklin D. Roosevelt delivered his speech to Congress after the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. And in President Roosevelt's speech he coined the statement," a date that will live in infamy" whose anniversary is nearly upon us once again.
The Vietnam Veterans Association Chapter #299, Rock Island Illinois is proud to announce they are sponsoring the travel, accommodations and ground transportation in Hawaii for two local Quad Cities Pearl Harbor survivors, Alvis Taylor, and Eldon Baxter and their escorts to travel to Oahu Hawaii to attend the anniversary ceremony of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor Hawaii.
A local Quad Cities sailor, Petty Officer Andrew L. Berntson currently on active duty with the Navy and stationed in Hawaii will meet the Pearl Harbor Survivors at the Honolulu Airport and escort our Pearl Harbor survivors to the ceremony.
The ceremony will take place at the historic Pearl Harbor Navy Base overlooking the Pearl Harbor with the U.S.S Arizona monument in the background on December 7, 2013 at 7:30 a.m. According to the Navy Liaison for Pearl Harbor Survivors has confirmed that only thirty Pearl Harbor survivors will be in attendance for the anniversary ceremony. Our Quad Cities Pearl Harbor survivors have mixed emotions, excitement for making the trip and being a part of an historical event, and anxiety from the memories of the horrible events of that day.
The Vietnam Veterans Association Chapter #299 would like to invite veterans and the general public to the Quad Cities Moline Airport on December 4, 2013 at 5:30 a.m. to wish our Pearl Harbor survivors a fond farewell as they make their journey to Pearl Harbor to attend the ceremony to commemorate the historical event. Let's
Tags See All Tags