- Download GFI EventsManager 8.1
- Discount - Excel 2007 Dashboards and Reports For Dummies
- Download Lynda.com - Audition CS6 Essential Training
- Discount - ABest Video to RM RMVB SWF FLV Converter
- Buy Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (64-bit) (en,fr,de,ja)
- Discount - Ashampoo Cover Studio
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 Essential Training
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2010 (64 bit)
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium Student and Teacher Edition MAC
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Create an Interactive Map with jQuery cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Showcase 2012 (32-bit)
|QUAD-CITIES WALK TO END ALZHEIMER'S - Saturday, September 8, 2012 - I Wireless, Moline, IL|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Joni Johnson|
|Friday, 17 August 2012 14:40|
We have an epidemic in this country and it's name is Alzheimer's disease. More people will die from this disease this year than breast and prostate cancer combined. It is the 6th leading cause of death and the only one in the top 10 causes with no way to prevent, cure or slow the progression. More money is allocated to fighting obesity than Alzheimer's. We need all of you... We need to raise awareness, raise funds and promote research... We need to raise our voices to make noise so people take notice.
The WALK TO END ALZHEIMER'S is the largest national support group for people to do that. It is our largest fundraiser and way to reach the masses. We are contacting you because it is going to take all of us to make that happen. I have attached the facts so I won't go into the numbers here, but they are jaw dropping. Our country is not prepared for this tsunami headed our way, the numbers of persons with the disease, the number of caregivers needed and the costs of providing that care. Let alone, providing support and healthcare for the caregivers. The ripple effect of this disease is widespread as families struggle to care for their loved ones, often at home.
My name is Joni Johnson, Community Relations Coordinator for the Alzheimer's Association in the Iowa counties of Clinton, Muscatine and Scott; Illinois counties of Henry, Mercer and Rock Island. I am writing to you today for your help.
Tags See All Tags