- Discount - Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (64-bit)
- Buy OEM MacPhun Intensify
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Professional CS6
- Buy OEM 1Click DVD Movie 3
- 399.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Essential Training
- Buy Lynda.com - Foundations of Typography (en)
- Download Adobe eLearning Suite 2 MAC
- 89.95$ Adobe Audition 3 cheap oem
- 99.95$ Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate with SP2 (32bit) cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard R2 SP2 (64 bit)
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64 bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,zh)
- Buy Cheap Boris Continuum Complete 6 AE
|Quad City Arts Art @ the Airport|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Dawn Wohlford-Metallo|
|Thursday, 03 October 2013 10:44|
WHAT: Quad City Arts Art @ the Airport
WHEN: September 9-October 30, 2013
WHERE: Quad City International Airport Gallery, 2200 69th Ave., Moline, IL
WHO: Paintings by Michael Acerra and Peter Xiao (pronounced Shouw) with ceramic sculptures by Dusty Hanson
Exhibiting in September and October at the Quad City International Airport Gallery is Michael Acerra of Galesburg, IL, Peter Xiao of Rock Island and Dusty Hanson of Bettendorf, IA.
Michael Acerra uses oil paints and pastels to create paintings which capture a moment in time. From still-lives to landscapes, Acerra’s style and technique are reminiscent of Reubens. His color palette is similar to French painters like Pisaro and Degas. Michael can often be found painting on location in downtown Galesburg.
Peter Xiao presents a series of oil, acrylic and mixed media paintings which explore personal memories of “Mao’s so-called Cultural Revolution and human life’s fragility and travails.” Peter is a painting instructor at Augustana College and has exhibited at Quad City Arts in the past.
Dusty Hanson builds sculptures from solid blocks of clay. He carves, manipulates and textures the clay into anthropomorphic forms. Ranging in size from tabletop pieces to life-sized, Hanson’s work begs touching and must be seen from all angles. This is Dusty’s first major exhibit with Quad City Arts.
Art @ the Airport Gallery never closes and non-ticketed passengers can drop by the airport to see the exhibits, with just one dollar for parking.
The Quad City Arts Center Gallery is located at 1715 Second Avenue in the Arts and Entertainment District of Rock Island. Gallery hours are Tuesday-Friday 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday 11 a.m.–5 p.m. Quad City Arts is dedicated to enriching the quality of life in the Quad City region through the presentation, development and celebration of the arts. This gallery and exhibit is generously sponsored by the Quad City International Airport.
Tags See All Tags