- Buy Adobe After Effects CS4 (en,de,es,fr,it,ja,ko)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Datacenter R2 SP2 (64 bit)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2010 (32 bit) (en)
- Discount - Adobe After Effects CS5 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Designing a Magazine Layout
- 269.95$ Autodesk Maya 2013 MAC (64-bit) cheap oem
- 9.95$ OS X Mountain Lion: The Missing Manual cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD 2012 MAC (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Apple Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Download Microsoft MapPoint 2006 Europe
- Download Photoshop CS3 for Screen Printers
- Buy OEM Corel Painter 12
|Quad City Arts Cary Grant Residency and Holiday Pops appearance by actor John Getz announced|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by Carmen Darland|
|Monday, 17 October 2011 15:08|
October 17, 2011
Quad City Arts is proud to announce the participation of Moline native, John Getz in their prestigious Cary Grant Residency program. The residency was established in 1986 when Cary Grant died while in Davenport for the inaugural Festival of Trees. The purpose of this residency is to encourage the growth of the theatrical arts in the Quad Cities through the presentation of artists whose careers in acting, or the professional development of actors, parallel the level of commitment to the theatrical arts as exemplified by Mr. Grant.
Previous participants in the Cary Grant Artists-in-Residence include:
Seattle Mime Theatre
Anna Deavere Smith
John Getz is a stage-trained actor who studied at the University of Iowa and the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco after growing up in Moline, IL and graduating from Moline High School. Recently, he portrayed “Sy”, the attorney to Mark Zuckerburg’s character in the academy award winning Social Network movie. He starred on Broadway in M. Butterfly and They’re Playing Our Song, and had leading roles in the Coen brothers’ Blood Simple which lead to feature film roles in The Fly, The Fly II, Born on the Fourth of July, Curly Sue, A Day Without A Mexican among others; he is also remembered for his series regular roles on “MacGruder” and “Loud”.
In addition to his educational work in the schools, John will have a narrative role during the Holiday Pops concert, November 19, 2011, 7:30 at the iwireless; tickets go on sale October 15, 2011. Tickets are available by calling the Symphony Office, 563-322-0931.
Tags See All Tags