- Buy AutoDesSys Bonzai 3D MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Shooting and Processing High Dynamic Range Photographs
- Download Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Adobe Premiere Elements 10
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning jQuery Programming MAC
- Discount - Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac: The Missing Manual
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2011
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Spain) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended MAC
- Buy OEM Nero 8 Ultra Edition
- Buy Lynda.com - iOS 5 SDK New Features (en)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro MAC
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
|Quad City Arts Metro Arts Summer Youth Employment Program|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Jessi Black|
|Thursday, 08 April 2010 07:52|
What: Applications Available for Arts Apprenticeships for Youth Aged 15-21
When: Deadline for Application, April 17; Program Dates June 14 – July 16
Quad City Arts Metro Arts Summer Youth Employment Program brings together artistically talented and interested young adults and provides them with productive, creative, paid apprenticeships in the arts. Metro arts will take place on June 14 - July 16, and applications are open to all Quad City area youth aged 15-21 years old. Applications are available at www.quadcityarts.com or by contacting Jessi Black at 309-793-1213 x103. Applications are being accepted until April 17.
Quad City Arts will hire 50 area youth to serve as paid apprentices of professional artists. Apprentices will work in one of four groups: Mural Painting, Public Sculpture, Dance 101: Studio to Stage, and Micro-Fiction. Metro Arts participants learn about the techniques, history and context of their particular area, produce original works of art, and develop valuable professional skills in areas such as problem-solving, communication and accountability.
Metro Arts is made possible by generous support from Bechtel Trusts & Foundation, Riverboat Development Authority, Community Foundation of the Great River Bend, Davenport Noon Optimists, City of Rock Island Gaming Funds, and City of Moline Community Development Block Grant.
Quad City Arts is a nonprofit local arts agency dedicated to the growth and vitality of the Quad City region through the presentation, development, and celebration of the arts and humanities. All Quad City Arts programs are partially supported by Quad City Arts Festival of Trees; Quad City Arts Partners; and operating grants from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency; and the Iowa Arts Council, a division of the Department of Cultural Affairs.
Tags See All Tags