- Discount - Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional
- Discount - Autodesk MapGuide Studio 2009
- Discount - Siemens Solid Edge ST6 (32-bit)
- Discount - Paragon Partition Manager 8.5 Enterprise Server
- Download Techsmith Camtasia Studio 7
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Maya 2012
- Buy OEM Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011
- 9.95$ Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 on Demand cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn English (British) (Level 1, 2, 3 Set)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Alias Surface 2011
- Download Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Softimage 2014
- Buy OEM Altova DiffDog 2009
- Discount - Electric Rain Swift 3d v6 MAC
|Quad City Arts partners with the Illinois Arts Council inviting Illinois High Schools to Participate in Poetry Out Loud|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Tracy White|
|Tuesday, 06 November 2012 13:46|
Free national program implemented statewide by the Illinois Arts Council & Regional Partners in Alton, Carbondale, Champaign, Chicago, the Quad Cities, Springfield, Rockford Areas to award more than $100k in the 2011-2012 Academic Year.
The Illinois Arts Council, Quad City Arts and other regional partners statewide invite all Illinois high schools to participate in the 2012-13 Poetry Out Loud: National Recitation Contest, a free national program created by the National Endowment for the Arts and the Poetry Foundation. Now entering its 6th year of national competition, Poetry Out Loud has inspired hundreds of thousands of students to discover a broad spectrum of classic and contemporary poetry.
State Awards: Each winner at the state level will receive $200 and an all-expenses-paid trip (with an adult chaperone) to Washington, DC, to compete at the National Finals. The state winner's school will receive a $500 stipend for the purchase of poetry books. One runner-up in each state will receive $100; his or her school will receive $200 for the purchase of poetry books.
National Awards: A total of $50,000 in awards and school stipends will be given at the Poetry Out Loud National Finals, including a $20,000 award for the National Champion.
Free Poetry Out Loud materials are available for participating schools, including print and online poetry anthologies, a teacher's guide to help instructors teach recitation and performance, an audio CD featuring distinguished actors and writers, promotional and media guides, and a comprehensive website.
This project is supported in part by an award from the National Endowment for the Arts. Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation is also honored to provide travel support for regional and state finals of Poetry Out Loud in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts.
Tags See All Tags