- Buy Cheap Nik Software Complete Collection 2013 MAC
- Download Microsoft Office 2011 Home & Student MAC
- Download Corel WordPerfect Office X5 Standard
- 149.95$ Autodesk Lustre 2009 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Parallels Desktop 4 MAC
- Buy OEM ABest Video to WMV MPEG Converter
- Buy Apple Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Server (en,ja,fr,de,es,it,pt,ne,sv,nb,da,fi,pl,ko,zh,cs,hu,tr)
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy Cheap Macx Video Converter Pro MAC
- Buy OEM Arobas Music Guitar Pro 5
- Download ABBYY FineReader 8 Express Edition MAC
- 9.95$ Hazel 3 cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 (en)
- 49.95$ Apple iWork 09 MAC cheap oem
|Quad City Arts Presents “Cultural Stories” Art Exhibition by Lisa Marie Barber and Gabriella Boros|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Dawn Wolford-Metallo|
|Monday, 03 October 2011 13:28|
EXHIBITION DATES: October 21-November 23, 2011
RECEPTION: Friday, October 21, 7-9 pm
From October 21st through November 23rd, Lisa Marie Barber, of Kenosha, WI and Gabriella Boros from Skokie, IL will fill the gallery with their imaginative narrative works. Multi-media artist, Lisa Marie Barber will create a small city of ceramic installations complemented by painting on the gallery walls. Influenced by Mexican folk art and altars rooted in her Mexican-American heritage, her work is intended to be both celebratory and sober; projecting positive interpretations of the human condition. Barber will also exhibit some of her mixed media works on fabric.
Painter Gabriella Boros produces paintings based on stories that come from her experiences as a female, Israeli born daughter of Shoah (Holocaust) survivors and of being Jewish. She makes religious, cultural and geographical references to these themes in her art. Her exhibit, titled “Stories of Today: Tomorrow’s Reflections” promises to take viewers on a storytelling voyage. This trip spans cultures which overlap and inform one another, resulting in images which are vivid and universal.
Join us for the opening reception on October 21st from 7-9 pm, in the gallery. Refreshments will be served and artists will be on hand to answer questions about their work.
The Quad City Arts Center Gallery is located at 1715 Second Avenue in the Arts and Entertainment District of Rock Island. Gallery hours are Tuesday-Friday 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday 11 a.m.–5 p.m. All Quad City Arts programs are funded in part by Festival of Trees; Quad City Arts Partners; and operating grants from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency; and the Iowa Arts Council, a division of the Department of Cultural Affairs. Quad City Arts is a nonprofit local arts agency dedicated to the growth and vitality of the Quad City region through the presentation, development and celebration of the arts and humanities. For more information, contact Dawn Wohlford-Metallo 309-793-1213 X108.
Tags See All Tags