- 69.95$ Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Illustrator CS6
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Create a Sortable Photo Gallery with jQuery
- Buy Prosoft Engineering Drive Genius 3 MAC (en)
- Download Lynda.com - Real-World XML
- 19.95$ FileMaker Bento 3 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Sony Cinescore
- Buy Digital Photography Composition For Dummies (en)
- Discount - Adobe Prelude CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - HTML5: Background Processes with Web Workers cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007 SP2 (en,fr,ja,it,da,es,nl,de)
- Discount - ARTS PDF Variform Plus
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 (64 bit) (en)
|Quad City Choral Arts presents Spring concert|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by Meg Byrne|
|Tuesday, 12 April 2011 11:50|
Quad City Choral Arts, under the direction of Jon Hurty will present a Spring Choral Collage Concert on Sunday, May 1 at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Davenport, IA. Tickets are $10.00 ($7.00 for seniors; student with ID are free) and can be purchased at the door.
The concert includes works that are from the Renaissance through the 20th century. Composers included on the concert are Palestrina, Byrd, Victoria, Mahler, Paulus, Gawthrop, Bertaux, Lightfoot, Naplan, Lekberg, Barnum, Mulholland, and Thompson.
The Augustana Youth Choir, under the direction of Mary Tallitsch, will also make a special guest appearance on the concert. They will be performing the works that they will be singing at Carnegie Hall at the end of May. This will be one of the few opportunities for the community to hear this fine choir of young local singers before their Carnegie Hall debut performance.
The Augustana Youth Choir will be presenting three solo works that feature the beautiful and refined sound of this treble voice ensemble. They will also be combining with the Choral Arts Ensemble for one piece – Wake Up in the Morning by Stephen Paulus. This work includes parts for youth choir, adult choir and Orff instruments.
A highlight of the concert will be a performance of Gustav Mahler’s Ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen, sung by Quad City Choral Arts. This work is a transcription of the original work for orchestra and soprano voice and is transcribed for 16-part choir. The work is sung in remembrance of the 100th anniversary of Mahler’s death. Mahler died in May of 1911 in Vienna, Austria.
Tags See All Tags